Company: State of Indiana
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Work for IndianaGrow your career with the State of Indiana! With
more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a
diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging
projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State
of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indianas
communities every day.At the State of Indiana, we dont just talk
about diversity and inclusion Our goal is to create a welcoming,
accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is
representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal
opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to
enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform
the essential functions of a role.Next Level benefits at the State
of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package
offerings below.About the Pendleton Juvenile Correctional
The Pendleton Juvenile Correctional Facility (PNJCF) is a maximum
security facility that was established on July 5, 2000. The
facility houses over 200 adjudicated, delinquent male juveniles.
Youth assigned here may have been sentenced from any of the 92
counties in the State of Indiana. Pendleton offers a sex offender
program along with other treatment, including vocational, academic,
and volunteer strategies designed, in accordance with its mission,
to facilitate a more successful habilitation program and, even more
importantly, a successful community re-entry.Salary:
The salary for this position traditionally starts at $25,766.00 per
year but maybe commensurate with education and/or experience.About
the Job:As the Clerical Assistant, you will be responsible for
performing a variety of office duties of a clerical nature. In this
position, your duties will be in accordance with office procedures
and may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping,
typing, office machine operation, and filing.A Day in the Life:The
essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Prepare correspondence, maintaining reference and resource
materials and updating files, forms, and reports.
- Prepare a variety of periodic statistical, informational and/or
work activity reports.
- Compute and record information, such as records or
- Accurately maintain and organize office files.
- Properly sort and deliver mail.
- Prepare information and take notes for meetings as needed.
- Direct incoming correspondence to the appropriate
- Completes data entry and prepares reports in Excel on a variety
of processes.The job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any
time with or without notice.What You'll Need for Success:You must
meet the following requirements to be considered for employment:
- General knowledge of office administration functions.
- Specialized knowledge of the procedures involved in applying
policies, programs and activities of the department as well as
working knowledge of other related agency programs and other
departments within same agency.
- Specialized knowledge of available records and resource
material and an ability to trace required information.
- Basic knowledge of computer procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to pay attention to details and priorities work.
- Ability to establish cooperative work relationships.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office to include
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.Supervisory
Responsibilities/Direct Reports:This role may serve as a team lead
for an assigned work group.Benefits of Employment with the State of
Indiana:The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package
for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well
as vision and dental plans;
- Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan
and gift cards);
- Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state
- Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for
hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed
outside state facilities;
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to401k plan) with
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options;
- A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a
variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave;
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave;
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years;
- Education Reimbursement Program;
- Group life insurance;
- Referral Bonus program;
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Free Parkingfor most positions;
- Free LinkedIn Learningaccess;Equal Employment Opportunity:The
State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: State of Indiana, Fishers , Clerical Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Pendleton, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!