Medical Assistant II - West Lafayette Medical Office Building - Internal Medicine (Full Time, Days)
Company: Arnett Physicians
Location: West Lafayette
Posted on: May 16, 2022
OverviewWe are looking for team members who are passionate about
challenging and significant work for the good of every patient. We
are searching for individuals who are compassionate, serve with a
purpose, are dedicated to supporting their team, and who seek
excellence every day.Sound like a perfect match? Apply now - we
can't wait to hear from you!Schedule
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Rotating weekends and holidaysUnder the supervision of the
designated supervisor and assigned physician, performs duties
associated with direct patient care and clinical direction to
provide patient care given in accordance with the organization
standards. Assures completeness of ordered procedures and
treatments, assures smooth patient flow, performs general lab work,
instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and
ensures medical orders and referrals are carried out accurately and
in a timely manner. Performs registration and scheduling activities
per organizational and departmental procedures. Maintains EMR files
and performs general front office functions as needed. May perform
computerized physician order entry, only if directed by assigned
physician. Expected to precept current MA team members or MA
Externs as requested by leadership.
- AHA Basic Life Support for healthcare workers certification
required. Other advanced life support certifications may be
required per unit/department specialty according to patient care
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Graduation from a
Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Current certification in medical assisting required from
America Association of Medical Assistants (CMA), American Medical
Technologists (RMA), National Health Career Association (CCMA),
National Center for competency Testing (NCMA), American Medical
Certification Association (CMAC),
- Knowledge of OSHA, CLIA, and ADA required.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding required.
- TB validated (to administer or read) or validation obtained
within 6 months of hire preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Unit Quality Programs, Meaningful Use and
Standard Work Programs and concepts within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledge of standard laboratory and medical procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance plans and third-party payers.
- Ability to master standard clinical competencies per current
Clinical policy, Point of Care and Skills Competency
- Requires basic math and accurate data collection and entry
Keywords: Arnett Physicians, Fishers , Medical Assistant II - West Lafayette Medical Office Building - Internal Medicine (Full Time, Days), Administration, Clerical , West Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!