Company: IGPS Logistics LLC
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary: The Office Clerk assists the depot
in communication with the carriers, vendors, and overall operation.
The clerk aids the Office Supervisor daily. Job Duties and
- Answer telephones and relay messages to appropriate
- Maintains shipping and receiving schedule. Track loads as
- Communicates with Depot Manager/Dock Supervisor/Dock Lead when
loads arrive, depart, or schedule changes.
- Manage files/folders and compile records.
- Manage financial records and light bookkeeping activities.
- Greet customers and visitors and perform tier-one / first
- Manage inventory of office supplies and assist in organizing
- Scan incoming mail for recipient information.
- Handle outgoing mails by sealing envelopes and placing stamps
and prepare packages/arrange for shipping.
- Retrieve files.
- Assist in preparing time reporting.
- Proofread records and reports for accuracy.
- Type and edit correspondence.
- Perform document photocopying and paperwork distribution
- Act as a receptionist or front desk contact when required.
- Report to management of minor repairs of the office
- Create and maintain meaningful liaison with vendors and
- Ensures work area is clean and organized.
- Maintain office equipment such as copiers and printers.
- Ensures safety measures are always adhered to.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. Job
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one
to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.Job Competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports
organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through
outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals
and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their
tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve
organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths &
weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external
threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is
performed indoors in a manufacturing setting with regular exposure
to cold, heat, noise, and moving machines and equipment. Must be
able to lift to 10 lbs, push and pull up to 12 lbs, lift, stand and
carry consistently, have proper hearing, vision and speech
capabilities. Can wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hearing
protection, safety glasses, goggles, or shields).
Keywords: IGPS Logistics LLC, Fishers , Office Clerk, Administration, Clerical , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!