Electrical Project Engineer
Company: Ardagh Group
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Ardagh Glass North America is looking for an experienced project
engineer / project manager. The successful candidate will take on
assignments of increasing size and responsibility as their
experience and performance dictates. This role is responsible for
successfully executing multiple capital projects within any of our
14 facilities inside the United States on an ongoing basis. This
will include developing project requests or ideas into formal
project scopes, overseeing both preliminary and detailed design
using both internal and external engineering resources, preparing
capital funding requests, overseeing the bidding, awarding, and
execution of engineering, equipment, and construction contracts,
supervision of onsite contractor activities, and management of all
startup and commissioning actives including training, documentation
of as-built drawings, and project closure. The successful candidate
will bring some level of experience with managing
multi-disciplinary capital projects where process, packaging,
mechanical, electrical and controls disciplines are all critical to
the success of the overall project.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Interact professionally with people on all levels of the
organization both inside Ardagh and externally
- Provide leadership, ownership, and expertise on all assigned
- Ensure all projects are executed meeting all regulations,
standards, best practices, within the organization and across like
- Responsible for complete execution of capital projects
including but not limited to:
- Project Scope Development
- Conceptual Designs (Value Engineering or other design
- Sign off and buy in from all stakeholders
- Development and Submittal of Capital Requests
- Project Budget Adherence
- Project Schedule Adherence
- Detailed Design and Engineering (Internal and/or External)
- Procurement Oversight
- Execution of construction activities
- Safety of all project activities and interactions
- Start-Up and Commissioning
- Verification of Design Performance
- Project Closure
- Employee will be expected to contribute to teammates' projects
and provide on-site support when necessary and will receive like
support as needed
- Candidate to have an engineering degree in Mechanical,
Electrical, or Chemical engineering with at least 8-years of
experience executing capital projects in heavy industrial, chemical
or food manufacturing environments.
- Candidates without engineering degrees will be considered with
15+ years of similar experience but must include 5+ years of
project or construction management in heavy industrial, chemical or
food manufacturing environments.
- Ability/willingness to travel domestically to support both
project needs and other business initiatives as necessary. (25 -
- Possess typical computer skills that include but are not
- MS 360 applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Project)
- ERP systems like SAP, JDE or other
- Industrial process controls (familiarity with operating
systems, PLC's, HMI's, communications, etc.)
- Able to read, redline and update mechanical, electrical, and
Skills, Experiences and Expertise that will set the right candidate
- Conveying, inspection, and packaging of glassware in a
- High level of Electrical / Controls aptitude and
- Process Controls Experience:
- Motion controls
- Experience managing 3rd party engineering firms and
- High Speed Packaging, palletizing, conveying
- High level of mechanical aptitude and a deep understanding
modern machine control
- Background that includes Engineering, Operations and
About Ardagh Group
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging
solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We
trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company,
founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more
than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
- Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and
bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are
permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled
without any loss of quality?
- Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for
innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering
new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to
recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while
remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success
of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel
valued, can work to their full potential, and where their
achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for
talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make
an impact with your career, come and join our team, you'll enjoy
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative
Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age,
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Ardagh Group, Fishers , Electrical Project Engineer, Engineering , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!