Diesel Mechanic - 2500 Sign On Bonus
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 25, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Site is Located just 10 minutes Northwest of Indianapolis!
Multiple positions available!
Sign-On Bonus: $2,500
Shift: Monday - Friday, Multiple Start Times and Shifts
Monthly Tool Allowance / Annual Boot Allowance
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It's a way to create
opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members
perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible
employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K
with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us? Click Apply to join the Waste Management
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services
and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
Preferred Applicants will have:
--- A mixture of 2+ years combined Heavy-Duty Diesel Experience and
Diesel Schooling, or
--- 2+ years of Heavy-Duty Diesel Experience, or
--- Heavy-Duty Experience combined with 4+ years of Automotive
Experience or Diesel Schooling
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written
instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and
requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
50 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Please contact Talent Advisor Ryan Mulligan at firstname.lastname@example.org or
864-608-9143 after applying with any questions or for status.
HD Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic Technician Tech
Keywords: Waste Management, Fishers , Diesel Mechanic - 2500 Sign On Bonus, Engineering , Whitestown, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!