Company: Prysmian Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About Prysmian Group
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable
systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of
miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power
transmission and distribution, as well as medium low voltage cables
for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a
comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and
connectivity for voice, video, and data transmission for the
We are almost 29,000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at
Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because
whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a
company that is helping transform the world around us. Make Your
Mark at Prysmian!
Team Overview and Job Responsibilities
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Process Engineer will
work with various levels of the company and have responsibilities
for the following areas: product/process improvements, effective
cost reduction activities, new product development support, and
daily support for process troubleshooting and product quality. The
process Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager.
Principle Functional Responsibilities:
- Identify priority areas of process improvement throughout the
- Work with the plant staff to select most appropriate process
- Work with plant staff to set-up process improvement strategies
such as team-based systems, process improvement techniques
training, and supervisory training.
- Help raise the bar of manufacturing excellence by identifying
other external sources or benchmarks and identify opportunities to
implement the best in practice techniques in our organization.
- Oversee and coordinate process improvement projects.
- Assist and provide resources as necessary to assure project
completion and overall process improvement results.
- Achieve measurable productivity gains as identified by the
Plant Manager and the Engineering Manager.
- Maintain positive relationships with all levels of the team and
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tool kit in delivering
effective continuous process improvement and cost reduction
activities in the manufacturing areas.
- Achieve operator led process control by identifying and
implementing best practice techniques within organization including
training and development.
Who are we looking for?
- A results driven individual who has demonstrated ability
working in a high-performance manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills - can lead a team of individuals at
various levels within the organization through coaching and
- Has successfully managed large, complex projects within
budgeted resources to completion with outstanding results
- Able to implement a plan and develop necessary support at all
levels of the organization
- Excellent developer of people; able to achieve results through
- Outstanding communications and presentation skills
- Strong instructional design and training skills. Able to take
new ideas and design an effective instructional program to train
others and assure successful implementation to achieve
- Can learn new ideas, concepts, and skills fast
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (required), preferably with a
- At least 2 or more years of engineering experience.
- Experience successfully leading high performance work
- 2 or more years of experience with implementing Lean
Manufacturing techniques (Six Sigma) - preferred.
- Extrusion of multiple types of polymers (PVC, Nylon,
Polyethylene's, Polypropylene, EPR, XLPE) - strongly
- 2 or more years of experience with establishing manufacturing
- Experience with statistical process control and data analysis
tools - preferred.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract
and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and
abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute
to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is committed to the
development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where
people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their
human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity
drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of
the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market
opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and
shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of
equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a
focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their
efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job
requirements. Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR
Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are
respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and
stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for
the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the
organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off
our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, military service and
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Your application data will be treated according to our Data
Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please
contact us at .
Keywords: Prysmian Group, Fishers , Process Engineer, Engineering , Marion, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!