Company: ThyssenKrupp Presta North America
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Our Automotive Technology business is passionate about the
automotive industry and produces as well as markets high-tech
automotive components worldwide. With over 20,000 employees, we are
responsible for the success of this business. Our product and
service range includes chassis technologies such as steering and
damper systems and the assembly of axle systems as well as
powertrain components for conventional and alternative engines. We
also develop assembly systems for body-in-white construction and
produce lightweight car body components in series.thyssenkrupp
Presta North America is a global leader in automotive components
technology and the leading steering systems supplier for the
automotive industry. thyssenkrupp Presta North America provides the
industry with high-quality manual and electric steering columns,
rack and pinion steering gears, and electric power assisted
steering gears. thyssenkrupp Presta North America is part of the
thyssenkrupp Presta AG group, headquartered in Eschen,
Liechtenstein. In 2003, our manufacturing facility was established
in the South Industrial Park of Terre Haute, Indiana. Beginning
with just one assembly line, a handful of employees and 58,000
square feet, the company has grown to over 450 employees and
224,000 square feet. In addition, we have an office on northeast
side of Indianapolis where the Procurement and Supplier Development
Department, Business Development and Product Engineering are now
located. We have a third location in Troy, Michigan which houses
our Sales Engineering, Logistics Distribution Center for USA, and
Customer Resident Engineering.
We are seeking a Engineer that has electronic/electrical experience
to work with suppliers. Do you have a good understanding of how
ECUs and PCBs are designed and assembled? If so you may be a good
fit for this role. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other
duties may be assigned. All identified duties and responsibilities
are considered for North America Region.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of product and fabrication
processes providing technical assistance on the specific commodity
knowledge as required.
- Cooperate with the Engineering, Procurement and Quality
department to support new program launches.
- Project tracking and management for purchased components from
nomination to start of production at the supplier.
- Perform initial sampling releases and process readiness audits
at the suppliers.
- Ensure escalation of inconsistences during project tracking is
performed and manages this escalation accordingly.
- Supports serial production supplier escalation when required by
the complexity of the problem. Candidate Profile:
- Formal technical education(preferred BS in Electronic
Engineering) and at least 3 years professional experience in
manufacturing engineering in SMT, FCT, ICT, Selective Soldering and
- Ideally, professional experience as a product, process or
testing specialist in a assembly plant, preferably in the
- Knowlegde of fuctional safety is desired.
- Experience in the usage of the quality tools in the Automotive
industry is desired.
- Knowledge of the industry standards such as VDA 6.3, ISO 14001,
IATF 16949, ISOS 26262, Automotive SPICE is desired.
- Interest in a position with multi-cultural experience
- Willingness to travel > 50% with in the North America
- Spanish or German as foreign language desired.
- High social competence.
- High level of documentation skills.
- Good communication skills, analytical and systematic way of
working Scope of Commodities:
- Electromechanical assemblies and electronic components
- Brushless Motor assemblies
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from college or university preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing engineering field preferred
- Experience in use of Quality tools
- Good GD&T Knowledge is required. Computer and Technology
Skills:Use of Microsoft Office Suites software in a windows
operating system. Use of Lotus Notes, Outlook, Teams, SAP
Integrated business software is a plus.
- Basic understanding of SAP preferred.
- Basic understanding of change management and product life cycle
Your benefits with us
- medical, dental, vision plans
- 401k with 5% match
- 15 days of PTO per year (prorated depending on start date)
- 9 paid holiday days
If you are an applicant with a California residency, please click
on the following link:
Keywords: ThyssenKrupp Presta North America, Fishers , Process Engineer, Engineering , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!