Project Engineer II
Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Posted on: January 5, 2019
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is an 11 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, electronic security solutions, mechanical access solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more. This opportunity resides within STANLEY Convergent Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Convergent Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, STANLEY Convergent Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Reports To: Project Engineering Manager, Corrections
This position will provide design, development, and installation of electrical control and automation systems for typical solutions in the security industry. The incumbent will lead and be responsible for the delivery of security systems with some guidance from their direct manager within the established targets. Interface and coordinate with the customers, subcontractors and other internal resources for scheduling. The incumbent will be responsible for managing and prioritizing multiple projects at the same time.
This position will work closely with Customers, Project Engineers, Subcontractors, Service, Sales and other Internal Departments.
* Lead hardware and software system design on standard projects
* Create and manage project scheduling
* Direct customer, subcontractor, internal resource communications
* Manage and coordinate multiple simultaneous projects
* Maintain current and accurate documentation of systems
* Perform training as required on implemented control systems
* Troubleshoot and maintain new and existing control systems for customers
* Coordinate project activities with appropriate parties internally and externally
* Maintain positive budgets on assigned projects
* Perform all work in a manner consistent with policies, procedures, and standards
* Typical job training requires field presence during implementation
* Travel target 30%
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor s degree preferred or 4 + years of experience in control system engineering
* Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley, Omron, or other PLCs
* Working knowledge of Wonderware Intouch or similar HMI software
* Working knowledge of Ethernet networks and networking experience using AutoCAD or similar CAD software
* Skills or experience using Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
* Ability to be creative and resourceful in obtaining solutions to uncommon applications
* Ability to effectively work independently and in a team atmosphere
* Strong organization skills, time management, and attention to detail
* Proficient verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast paced environment
* Customer focus and a strong commitment to client satisfaction
* Desire to work in a very hands on environment
Stanley Security Solutions is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Fishers , Project Engineer II, Engineering , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!