Hospital Manager II
Company: VCA Animal Hospitals
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest
network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary
clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900
hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55
clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic
imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating
a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.If you are a current
employee, you need to apply through our internal career site.
Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the
landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link
below into a browser to apply through our internal career
Cross Pointe Animal Hospital is a fast-paced 2 Doctor small animal
General Practice in Fishers, Indiana. VCA Cross Pointe is in a
growing community on the Northeast side of Indianapolis in Hamilton
County.Position Title: Hospital ManagerReports To: Field
ManagerDepartment: Hospital Management - OperationsEmployee Status:
ExemptJob SummaryUnder policy direction from the Field Manager with
support of and input from Medical Director,the Hospital Manager
performs a wide range of difficult to complex administrative
activitiesrelated to hospitals providing quality patient care and
excellent client service, management offinances and accounting,
marketing and promotion of services, staffing and human
resources,and discretionary activities, that serve to support
effective business operations.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Customer service.
- Personnel management.
- Financial budget management.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, goal
- Background in managing service oriented operations.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and
- Ability to take information obtained from clients, staff, and
other sources, discern thatwhich is credible and assess the
hospital and its operation objectively.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once, and deal with
high levels of stress in anenvironment of changing
priorities.Education and Experience
- High School Diploma. Some college education preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in medical care
facility operationsmanagement with profit and loss responsibility.
- Budget management experience.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
- Human resource skills.
- Training and client relations experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the veterinary profession.Authority:
- Interview prospective employees.
- Hire, train, review, schedule discipline, and discharge
- Can spend up to $200/month without authorization.
- Can transfer employees to work another position within the
- Can transfer employees from part-time to full-time staying with
controlled payroll budgetPhysical Requirements:
- Dependable attendance is required.
- Any allergies to animals must be controllable through
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to work long or irregular hours under pressure
- This position requires the ability to walk, bend, stand and
reach constantly during aminimum 8-hour day.
- Visual acuity sufficient to maintain accurate records,
recognizes people and understandswritten directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand, give
information in person and overthe telephone.
- Fine motor skills adequate for utilizing office equipment such
as facsimile machines,computers, copiers and hospital equipment
such as laboratory equipment, radiologyequipment, etc.DutiesThe
following is a list of essential job requirements. This list may be
revised at any time andadditional duties not listed here may be
assigned as needed. Job Functions and JobResponsibilities include
overseeing that the following occur within the hospitals.1. Staff
Management2. Client Management3. Office Management4. Production
Management5. Financial Management6. Marketing Management7. Facility
Maintenance8. Meetings9. CommunicationStaff Management:
- Hiring with appropriate references.
- Staff performance and salary reviews.
- Disciplinary Action.
- Training, education, developing of staff.
- Assign job responsibility to each staff member.
- Supervise staff to assure that each job is being effectively
- Employee policy enforcement.
- Employee relations and communications.
- Payroll calculations, goal calculations, time clock
- Organize and conduct staff meetings.
- Delegate tasks as needed to staff members.
- Monitor employee competence and effectiveness.Client
- Oversees training of all staff in accordance to the principals
of the VCA MissionStatement, Three Steps Of Service and VCA
Standards of Client Service and that theabove is known and
practiced by all.
- Oversee client flow to ensure that clients and patients are
seen and treated in aprofessional, timely and competent manner.
- Responsible for administration and review of non-medical client
- Oversee call back system including overdue reminder calls.
- Oversee collections and returned checks.
- Oversee billing, calculation of any discounts and other special
- Modify and update systems and procedures wherever needed to
better serve clients,patients, the practice and employees (i.e.,
modify schedules for the most productive useof time).
- Verify receipt of all supplies, mark invoices and packing slips
received and send them infor payment to corporate.
- Monitor purchasing.
- Prepare packets of information to be sent to the corporate
- Sort and process the daily mail.
- Management feedback reports - bi-weekly.
- Perform transaction corrections.
- Make certain bank deposits are made daily.
- Ensure that all hospital logs are being kept up to date and
accurate includinganesthesia/surgery, radiology and controlled
- Ensure that the OSHA and Safety program, procedures and
reporting are beingcontinuously monitored and updated so the
hospital is in safety compliance.Production Management:
- Meet with the Medical Director and Regional Medical Director
and/or RegionalOperations Director (District Manager or Area
Supervisor) regularly to discuss evaluateand plan for the welfare
of the practice.
- Ensure that marketing events are effective - internal and
- Motivate staff.
- Check all transactions for accuracy and missed services through
regular daily audits.Financial Management:
- Monitor the cost of purchasing so the practice operates within
- Monitor staff scheduling so the practice operates within
- Monitor and approve all expenditures within guidelines.
- Review the income statements and other financial data to find
ways to improve revenuesand hospital contribution.
- Meet regularly with the veterinary staff to review financial
- Oversee petty cash control.
- Review charges on a daily basis to ensure that all charges have
- Responsible for cash control in hospital ensuring VCA standards
- Review accounts receivable to confirm proper and timely
- Understand, participate and support planned marketing events
- Ensure that the hospital staff utilizes the marketing tools and
materials to be used in themarketing events and programs.
- Ensure that the hospital staff follows instructions for
implementing authorized marketingdiscounts in the computer
- Oversee the maintenance/housekeeping of the hospital for
orderliness and cleanlinessof both the inside and outside of the
- Monitor janitorial responsibilities.
- Oversee that the VCA safety procedures are implemented and
- Oversee facility and equipment maintenance and repairs, keeping
a repair log.
- Authorized to make repair decisions less than $200 without
checking with the DistrictManager or Area Supervisor.Meetings:
- Attends regional meetings.
- Schedule regular doctors meetings.
- Plan hospital management meetings.
- Organize monthly staff meeting agenda in conjunction with
hospital management teamand VCA guidelines.Communication:
- Read and respond to all communication in a timely manner.
- Ensure that VCA policies, guidelines and recommendations are
quickly communicated tohospital staff and adequate training
follows.Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a
comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision
and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet
discounts and more!The information in this position description
indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It
is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of
all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of
employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to
revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed
when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies,
change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
Keywords: VCA Animal Hospitals, Fishers , Hospital Manager II, Executive , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!