General Manager Fishers, E 96th Street
Posted on: January 9, 2021
General ManagerOperationsReports To (Position): District
SupervisorFLSA Status: Non-ExemptWHO WE AREDonatos mission is to
promote goodwill through our products and service, principles and
people. In order to grow this mission, it is important to achieve
our business goals through our growth. Success is achieved by all
of us, pulling in the same direction AND by exhibiting behaviors
that generate positive results.OUR SUCCESS BEHAVIORSAt Donatos, we
focus on two general categories of success behaviors, they are:
- Opportunity Seeking: Symbolized by the passion we feel in our
heart, this is the entrepreneurial spirit that drives us to find
opportunities, create excitement, build enthusiasm, act like an
owner and accomplish tasks.
- Disciplined: Symbolized by focused clarity we have in our head,
this is the logical, strategic, fact based approach to doing
business that focuses all of our passionate enthusiasm toward the
activities that will make a difference.OUR PHILOSOPHYLive:A
balanced, healthy lifestyle brings you personal power and energy to
achieve your dreams.Love:A clear focus on your values keeps you
rooted in what's important.Laugh:Understanding and connecting with
others builds strong relationships, fun and creativity.Learn:There
is always a better way---learn, grow, stretch - keep moving
forward.OUR VALUESTrust, Integrity, Accountability, Consistency,
Hospitality, Creativity, Community Engagement, Leadership,
Fairness, Family, HumilityPOSITION SUMMARYThe role of the General
Manager is to develop people and build prosperity. The General
Manager is the leader in the restaurant, acting as a coach, and
providing a restaurant environment that is focused on integrity,
honesty and pride. The General Manager provides resources, training
and development, and utilizes a systematic and principle-centered
management approach to maximize restaurant-operating results, to
fulfill the Mission, Vision and Promise. Effective performance for
the General Manager is a balance of combined results, utilizing
Gold Standard measurements.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is a customer facing manager, with most time spent engaging
with customers in the Front of House (not BOH)
- Models performance standards in all Zones; primary
responsibility is to direct and coach, secondary responsibility is
- Ensures staffing levels are optimal during all volume periods;
acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for
business volume changes.
- Effectively controls cash and assets, and ensures adherence to
cash handling policies.
- Engages the local community; builds strong relationships that
result in partnerships within the community, win-win opportunities
and sales growth.
- Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights,
portioning, on hand amounts (food orders/buildto/inventory
management) and theft during shifts.
- Demonstrates and enforces operating norms such as uniform
policies, timeliness, safety procedures, etc.
- Completes assigned shift paperwork; opens and/or closes the
restaurant with proper administrative procedures.
- Identifies and removes service barriers; ensures the team
delivers all elements of High 5 Service.
- Provides an exceptional work environment / service atmosphere
by treating Associates as respected guests.
- Is a problem resolver, remains calm when handling guest
complaints and follows correct steps.
- Ensures product quality meets Donatos standards and guest
- Properly executes, enforces and manages food safety and
- Ensures Associates understand and follow the personal hygiene
standards required by Donatos and the local Health Department.
- Seeks out and eliminates potential food safety violations and
unsafe practices or conditions.
- Ensures the Restaurant Management Team completes training
required for promotion to the next level.
- Coaches and counsels the team to achieve restaurant and
personal development goals.
- Assists all management in developing and ensures the
Development Roadmap process is utilized by all management team
- Communicates performance standards and expectations to all team
members and provides ongoing feedback on progress toward objectives
- Ensures new Associates receive proper training and understand
their roles in fulfilling the Mission, Vision and Promise.
- Acts as a positive influence in the community, creating
goodwill in our neighborhoods.
- Assumes accountability for P & L results.
- Delegates' responsibility among team members for achieving
- Identifies areas of opportunity and implements action plans to
achieve cost reductions.
- Monitors sales volumes and adjusts projections accurately.
- Conducts Meetings: product rollout, benefits, new restaurant
opening, operating systems, etc.
- Promotes and maintains a Family environment that promotes high,
positive energy , encourages learning and offers career
developmentMINIMUM REQUIREMENTSThe following education, experience,
knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's) are required to perform in
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associate or Bachelor's
- Internal Candidates must complete required training and
development activities within Donatos Training Roadmap, demonstrate
ability to impact PFE, SVR and SE standards and effectively utilize
Operations Manual.Work Experience
- Six months (internal) experience preferred
- 1 year in similar role for external candidates
preferredKnowledge, Skill and Abilities (KSA's)
- Approachability - Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the
extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and
gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal
anxieties of others: builds rapport well: is a good listener; is an
early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time
to do something about it.
- Business Acumen - Knows how the business works; knowledgeable
in current policies, practices, trends and information affecting
his/her restaurant; knows the competition; is aware of how
strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Composure - Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive
or irritated when times are tough; can be counted on to hold things
together during tough times; is not knocked off balance by the
unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a
settling influence on crisis.
- Confronting Direct Reports - Deals with problem direct reports
firmly and in a timely manner; doesn't allow problems to fester;
regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can
make negative recommendations when all other efforts have failed;
deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand
customer information and uses it for improvements in products and
services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains
effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and
- Delegation - Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and
important tasks and decisions; broadly shares both responsibility
and accountability; tends to trust people to perform; lets direct
reports finish their own work.
- Developing Direct Reports - Provides challenging and stretching
tasks and assignments, holds frequent development discussions, is
aware of each direct report's career goals; constructs compelling
development plans and executes; pushes direct reports to accept
developmental moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a
- Directing Others - Is good at establishing clear directions;
sets stretching objectives; lays out work in a well-planned and
organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on their
work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear
- Fairness to Direct Reports - Treats direct reports equitably;
acts fairly, has candid discussions; doesn't have a hidden agenda;
doesn't give preferential treatment.
- Hiring and Staffing - Has a nose for talent; hires the best
people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting
strong people; assembles talented staffs.
- Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct,
truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an
appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes;
doesn't misrepresent him/her for personal gain.
- Listening - Practices attentive and active listing; has the
patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of
others even when he/she disagrees.
- Managing and Measuring Work - Clearly assigns responsibility
for tasks and decisions, set clear objectives and measures;
monitors process, progress and results; designs feedback loops into
- Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to
do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team
members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the
best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers
others; invites input from each persona and shares ownership
visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important;
is someone people like working for and with.
- Organizing - Can marshal resources to get things done; can
orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses
resources effectively and efficiently.
- Personal Learning - Picks up on the need to change personal,
interpersonal and managerial behavior quickly; watches others for
their reactions his/her attempts to influence and perform and
adjusts; seeks feedback; is sensitive to changing personal demands
and requirements and changes accordingly.
- Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal
presentation settings: one - on - one, small and large groups, with
peers and bosses; commands attention and can manage group processes
during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when
something isn't working.
- Process Management - Good at figuring out the processes
necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and
activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into
efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it;
can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others
can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and
efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more
important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can
attend to a broader range of activities.Physical Requirements
- Must be able to safely and successfully perform the essential
functions of this position, meeting qualitative and/or quantitative
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.OUTCOME BASED PERFORMANCE
- Net SALES comp between 1% and 4.99%.
- Achieve a RETENTION (turnover) rate of 50% to 75%.
- Achieve an EXECUTION operations assessment (PFE) average of 83%
- Achieve a PROFIT (Target PAC) of 97% to 102.99%.
- Achieve a Promoter Score of Green Standard.
- Achieve the minimum required guest survey countResults within
the above ranges will result in an "Achieves Expectations" review
rating. Achievements outside of these ranges will result in either
an Exceeds or Below Rating in the category, based on the actual
Keywords: Donatos, Fishers , General Manager Fishers, E 96th Street, Executive , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!