Company: AHA! Recruiting Experts
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Are you a self-driven, manufacturing management professional
with experience working in a Lean environment? Are you a quick
learner who takes pride in tackling challenges? Do you enjoy
motivating others and building teams that are effective and
efficient? Does the idea of working for an innovative,
environmentally responsible, and science-based Salmon farming
company appeal to you?If you said YES to all of these, then you
could be a great fit as our Processing/Manufacturing Manager!
WHO WE ARE AquaBounty is a small, but growing, company with a bold
visionto pioneer a sustainable and nutritious future by
transforming aquaculture. We raise Atlantic salmon that is
nutritious, delicious, fresh, and affordable.From our CEO to our
farm technicians, AquaBounty's team members share a passionate
belief that smarter, science-based aquaculture can change the
world.AquaBounty raises Atlantic salmon in carefully monitored,
indoor, land-based farms. AquaBounty's genetically engineered
salmon, have been precision-bred to reach market size in
approximately half the time of conventional salmon, with improved
efficiency. AquaBounty's Atlantic salmon was genetically engineered
one time, 30 years ago, to help the fish during their early, most
vulnerable stages of growth. AquaBounty's salmon is the first
bioengineered animal protein approved by the U.S. Food and Drug
Administration (FDA) and Health Canada for commercial production
and human consumption.WE BELIEVE
- Excellence. We do our best every day to learn new skills and
solve real problems that lead to a better world, a rewarding
workplace and fulfilled customers.
- Passion. We embrace an authentic belief in our mission and
purpose through doing what we love and loving what we do with
dedication and energy.
- Innovation. We pioneer change by enabling courage, curiosity,
and creative thinking. Seeking continuous improvement of methods,
practices, and technologies.
- Collaboration. Respecting our differences as we work together
to achieve shared success, with humility, compassion, and
open-mindedness.YOU ARE THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU ARE
- A True Leader You support and motivate the team to work at
their best as both individuals and part of the team. You create an
inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Methodical You are very systematic in thought and behavior. You
maintain workflow and safety standards by monitoring the steps of
the process, setting processing variables, and observing control
points and equipment. You possess an incredibly high level of
attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Quality-Oriented You believe in building-in quality. You
optimize the team, so the team can optimize the process.
- Self-Driven You have a proven track record of motivating
yourself to take initiative and begin and complete tasks without
- Systems-Driven You lean towards creating processes for doing
things better, faster, easier. If there's an easier way to do
something, you create it and are resourceful enough to get it done
without the need for help.
- Communicative You are an excellent communicator and are
comfortable with creating and maintaining strong relationships with
the entire team.
- Quick-Thinking You are quick to look for solutions when
problems arise. You constantly strive to find new ways of
overcoming obstacles and simpler ways to get results.
- Believe in What We Do You appreciate that you are part of a
team that is harvesting and processing over 400k fish. Everything
you do is to ensure all fish that leave the plant are safe and of
high quality.YOU POSSESS THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years leadership experience working in a manufacturing
environment (food production experience preferred)
- Background in Lean Management Systems preferred WHAT YOU WILL
DO AS THE PROCESSING MANAGER
- Manage all operations to ensure high-quality safe and efficient
processing, packaging and shipping of fresh salmon to out
- Oversee the entire operations from the time the time the fish
are transferred from the Grow Out Unit until they are harvested,
processed and shipped.
- Coach the Processing team to support the excellent coordination
and care of the fish within the Conditioning Unit to ensure SOP and
related work instruction compliance.
- Maintain accurate records for auditory purposes.
- Provide training and support to the team on maintaining
complaint, sanitary conditions consistent with customer
requirements when harvesting, processing and shipping fish.
- Implement continuous improvement strategies relevant to current
aspects of the long-term roadmap.
- Establish and actively coach the team on strategies for
improved safety practices, and quality of work.
- Improve all strategy deployment goals and targets.
- Achieve target performance levels of the Quality Management
- Establish and uphold practice standards that ensure the proper
care of equipment and the protection against the damage of any
fish.WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- Option to enroll in Health Insurance Plan including Life,
- 401k with a 3% match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Training and coaching are provided.
- Opportunity to grow within a company on the cutting edge of
- Annual Salary $60-80k
- Relocation package provided Are you ready to join an
innovative, driven team in the world's fastest-growing
food-production sector? Apply NOW to be invited to complete a short
video interview by our recruiting partners, AHA! Recruiting
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AquaBounty and AHA! Recruiting
Experts provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Associated topics: bioengineering, bioinformatic,
biological engineer, bioprocess, fermentation, hereditary, medical,
metabolic, neurodegenerative, pain
Keywords: AHA! Recruiting Experts, Fishers , Manufacturing Manager, Executive , Albany, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!