EHS Sr Manager
Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The EH&S Sr Manager is a member of the plant leadership team
and drives the safety culture and employee engagement at all
levels, across all shifts to enhance safety performance and drive a
zero tolerance culture. The EH&S Sr Manager is collaborative,
partners proactively across all functions, adapts to the constantly
evolving environment of a large manufacturing site and has
ownership to provide a best in class safety training program and
culture.Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:Essential functions
may include, but are not limited to:
- Owning, creating and driving a proactive culture of safety,
across all functions that is adaptable to the challenges of a
large, growing manufacturing organization.
- Lead in a manner consistent with Avery Dennison Values and Code
of Conduct, living our culture through every day interactions and
- Organizing and controlling the EHS functions of the site in a
collaborative manner to ensure that best in class accident
prevention programs are created and maintained.
- Implementing environmental, health and safety education and
training to support regulatory and business requirements.
- Investigating all releases, injuries and near-misses.
- Managing Job Safety Analysis and PPE compliance program.
- Maintaining the facility's compliance records for permits.
Reviewing Federal, State and local regulation changes that impact
permits and permit compliance.
- Managing the safety program to assure compliance with corporate
- Identifying and evaluating hazardous conditions and practices
and developing hazard control practices and programs.
- Actively manage a contractor safety program to ensure
compliance to corporate EHS standards.
- Managing industrial hygiene programs. Coordinate periodic
industrial hygiene monitoring of noise, air quality and other IH
- Reviewing plant incident statistics and making recommendations
for correction of problem areas.
- Conducting periodic risk assessments of plant machinery,
equipment, and working conditions to ensure conformance to
appropriate safety and sanitary standards and regulations.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit the front line leadership to
ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and
chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committees.
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency
Plans & Procedures.
- Actively participate in the Corporate EHS Network.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the
nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Occupational Health and Safety,
Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental Engineering/ Science or related
field from an accredited college/university.
- 9+ years of Environmental, Health and Safety experience within
a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership, managerial, facilitation, training, and
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements and EHS policies,
procedures and programs.
- Experience in life safety codes: EHS rules, HAZOP, training,
principles of occupational safety and health, and Process Safety
- Strong Project/Problem Resolution skills.
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success in leading efficient and effective
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft
Office, Google Collaboration,
- Databases and function specific software.
- Experience working in a facility that employs the OSHA Process
Safety Management Standard.
- Advanced professional EHS certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM, QEP,
CEA, REM etc.) preferred.
- Master's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering
or related discipline Direct Management experience preferred.NOTE:
A detailed listing of the physical requirements may be obtained
from the local Human Resource contact or the site Occupational
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.If you require accommodations to view or apply for a
job, alternative methods are available to submit an application.
Please contact 440.534.6080 or - -to discuss reasonable
accommodations.PandoLogic. Keywords: Environmental Services
Manager, Location: Fortville, IN - 46040
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Fishers , EHS Sr Manager, Executive , Fortville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!