Associate, Tax Director
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
The duties of the candidate will include but not be limited to:
- Support the US-based Tax Managers (x2) in preparing the IFRS (which the Group reports under) income tax provisions for the group's US operations ensuring that the companies' tax provisions and balance sheet tax accounts are properly stated. This will include the preparation of quarterly and annual tax footnotes and required supporting documentation for inclusion in the entity and Group's management accounts and statutory financial statements.
- Manage the US federal and state income/ franchise tax compliance process ensuring that all federal, state tax returns and estimated payments are accurately and timely filed. Includes information gathering and preparation of all book/tax adjustments, fixed asset reconciliation, and coordination with third party tax return preparer.
- Coordinate and manage the US state income and franchise tax calendar, estimated tax payments, and monthly reporting of cash taxes.
- Prepare all provision-to-return reconciliations, supporting analyses and related tax accounting adjustments.
- Support the Tax Director in developing supportable tax return positions in pursuance of income tax minimization or reducing the overall cash tax liability for the group's US operations. Appropriately recommend changes in business transactions to minimize taxes and document, in the form of written memoranda, the conclusions reached in support of the tax return positions.
- Analyze potential tax exposures and determine (in conjunction with the Tax Director) appropriate tax reserves pursuant to Group policy and relevant IFRS and US GAAP standards.
- Assist the Tax Director in relation to all federal tax income tax reporting and compliance processes.
- Manage the forthcoming implementation of ONESOURCE Tax Provision (ONESOURCE Income Tax Preparation is already used locally).
- Assist the Tax Director in relation to all tax audits (as they may arise).
- Assist the Tax Director in relation to US out-of-country compliance reporting (e.g., related party FDAP, Form 5472 & Canadian HST).
- Assist the Tax Director in managing SOX 404 internal control procedures for tax processes. Ensure that proper documentation is prepared, controls are continually monitored and processes are modified as needed. Liaise with internal and attest auditors with regard to controls testing.
- Provide tax input for financial budgets, cash tax forecasts, tax provisions, accounting entries, deferred tax analysis, and financial accounting.
- Assist in providing technical spreadsheet support and analysis for tax planning on acquisitions, restructurings and other strategic projects (i.e., what-ifs, gain/loss calculations, ?382 analyses) to determine U.S. tax and business implications.
- Assist with tax related special projects including planning, research, transfer pricing studies, modeling the tax implications of special projects etc.
- Monitor and provide analysis of legislative and regulatory developments. Evaluate potential impact of tax legislation on the company and recommend the proper course of action.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and other service providers.
- Master's degree in Tax with CPA qualification desired.
- 10+ years of tax experience with a CPA firm and/or large company with demonstrated "hands-on" knowledge in tax compliance and tax accounting.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge base of accounting, income tax, U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS rules.
- Strong hands-on grasp of principles associated with tax uncertainty.
- Property tax and sales & use tax experience a major plus.
- Comprehension, and ideally hands-on experience, of SOX 404 requirements.
- Demonstrated problem solving, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize responsibilities, and complete work timely and accurate with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to professionally represent the tax department when interacting with management, other functions in the business and outside advisors.
- Self-motivated with good self and project management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other business software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, etc.)
- Experience with ONESOURCE Income Tax Preparation and ONESOURCE Tax Provision and SAP software highly desired.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world's leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/ Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Ardaghgroup, Fishers , Associate, Tax Director, Executive , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!