Physical Therapist PRN
Company: Vertis Therapy
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description:Vertis Therapy is a therapist owned company that is
looking for a passionate PRN Physical Therapist for acute care
hospital PRN on call from Friday to Sundays.The Physical Therapist
evaluates and treats patients in accordance with orders from the
physician through the use of therapeutic procedures designed to
address deficits in physical function and improve independence,
safety and quality of life. The Physical Therapist ensures quality,
efficient physical therapy is provided to patients by managing the
delivery of care throughout the course of treatment and delegating
appropriate components of care to the Physical Therapist's
Assistant under his/her supervision. The Physical Therapist
participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing
support and information within the area of physical therapy.Primary
- Review available patient information and evaluate the impact of
this information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conducts and documents a thorough functional assessment of the
patient utilizing standardized procedures. Includes home/vocational
and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on
patient needs and containing achievable functional goals.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation
- Record patient progress in the patient record a minimum of
every seven (7) days.
- Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment
- Documents the course of treatment in a clear, concise manner,
including a discharge summary utilizing the prescribed format.
- Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and
provide close supervision while such staff are working with
- Orient patients to program services and treatment procedures
appropriate to their needs. Inform patients of any potential risk
during any procedure.
- Work with nursing staff, patient and families to maximize
patient's use of functional abilities.
- Establish and instruct patient and family/other caregiver in
exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following
- Assist in the referral process when a patient requires
additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge
of community resources.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences
regarding patient progress, problem or needs.
- Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings,
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
- Participate in the quality improvement process by responding
appropriately to results of medical record audits, patient/referral
source satisfaction surveys safety activities and regulatory
- Act in compliance with Vertis Therapy Management policies and
procedures, State, Federal and Professional Organization regulatory
and professional standards and guidelines.
- Provide input to the Rehab Director on clinical performance of
assistants as requested and
- Promote the programs and services of Vertis Therapy through
formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Ind123. Requirements:
- Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy or Bachelor of
Science degree in Physical Therapy and five years of direct
- Current license/certification in the state of practice.
- Prefer minimum one (1) year experience in rehabilitation.
Supervision, training and/or experience in a setting serving the
same age/type of patient population served by this facility.
- Prefer membership in the American Physical Therapy
- Demonstrated competency in identified areas of
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Adequate computer skills in order to complete required job
duties and computerized documentation.
- Demonstrated competency in applying principles, methods,
materials and equipment used in physical therapy.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance
Keywords: Vertis Therapy, Fishers , Physical Therapist PRN, Healthcare , Peru, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!