Regional Health, Safety, Environmental Specialist
Company: Prysmian Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
*This Position will be responsible for two sites with the
Primary site located in Marion, IN an the secondary near Avon, IN.
Ideal area to reside for this role may include, but is not limited
to: Marion, Fishers, Noblesville, Muncie, Anderson, or Indianapolis
Northeast side area
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable
systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of
miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power
transmission and distribution, as well as medium low voltage cables
for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a
comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and
connectivity for voice, video, and data transmission for the
We are almost 29,000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at
Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because
whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a
company that is helping transform the world around us. Make Your
Mark at Prysmian!
Position SummaryBringing Health, Safety and Environmental
leadership to assigned facilities, the NA Regional Health, Safety
and Environmental (HSE) Specialist leads the development and
execution of HSE initiatives in partnership with facility
leadership at assigned locations (two manufacturing facilities) to
promote a Zero & Beyond culture. The Regional HSE Specialist will
provide oversight and assistance in the development, implementation
and coordination of health, safety and environmental programs and
policies to ensure corporate goal attainment as well as compliance
with all applicable regulations.
Nature and ScopeReporting to the North America Director of Health,
Safety and Environmental with daily reporting to Facility Leaders
(Matrix organization); the NA Regional HSE Manager leads corporate
and regulatory health, safety and environmental initiatives and
processes at assigned locations (two manufacturing facilities) to
reduce team member injury, ensure ongoing regulatory compliance and
minimize Company exposure. This position works closely with
Corporate QHSE, facility leadership, various other corporate
functions, as well as external agencies and resources. Job
- Responsible for the development, implementation, training, and
maintenance of facility policies, programs and procedures to reduce
team member injury, minimize company exposure and ensure compliance
with corporate HSE management system and all applicable HSE
regulations (OSHA; EPA; DOT; etc.).
- Ensures ongoing compliance with all environmental permits,
regulations, and reporting requirements for assigned
- Ensures alignment on programs involving team member engagement
and behavior-based safety processes to drive a Zero & Beyond
- Leads and maintains certification of ISO 14001 at both
- Builds competent HSE teams at facility sites through
communicating corporate procedures, coaching, training, and follow
up on issues related to HSE.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of all Corporate
HSE metrics and data requests.
- Proactively provides hands-on support in areas such as: Health,
Safety and Environmental Procedure implementation (Corporate and
site specific), behavioral safety processes, corporate safety
mandates, problem analysis/troubleshooting, and interpretation of
applicable regulatory regulations.
- Conducts and assists with internal and external HSE audits and
meets with regulatory agencies during facility inspections/audits
- Acts as a support resource in the development and review of
facility specific HSE training needs analysis, operational reviews
and new equipment assessments.
- Partners with Facility leadership to participate in key HSE
team meetings, Kaizen/Gemba events, and other key meetings where
HSE representation is requested.
- Drives an incident reporting process that ensures effective
investigation, reporting, corrective actions, and best practice
sharing throughout their business unit and corporate.
- Participates in other key HSE initiatives as assigned by the
Director of HSE. QualificationsEducation
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and/or environmental
studies, engineering, or other related field.
- 2-5 years of direct HSE experience including OSHA and EPA
compliance, behavior-based safety, process hazard and risk
analysis, root cause evaluation, incident management, standards and
procedural development, auditing, and training.
- Demonstrated passion for safety and environmental
- Knowledge of US health and safety regulations and ISO
Management Systems (OSHA, EPA, ISO14001 & 45001, NFPA etc.).
- Experience in multi-site leadership a plus.
- Knowledge of cable manufacturing desirable.
- Knowledge of worker's compensation regulations.
- Strong organizational & planning skills.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with technology such as excel, PowerPoint, Word and
other standard computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (oral &
written), able to interact with all levels in the organization.
Prysmian Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall
have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard
to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage
or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability,
military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and
related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor
to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
our business. If you believe you require such assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us
Keywords: Prysmian Group, Fishers , Regional Health, Safety, Environmental Specialist, Healthcare , Marion, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!