Medical Assistant - Michigan Road Primary Care
Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We Are Hiring: We are adding a Medical Assitant to our Michigan
Road Primary Care team in Zionsville, IN!SHIFT: M-F 8:00 a.m. -
4:30 p.m.Benefits include:
- Generous PTO
- Excellent Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employer Matching Retirement Plan
- Discount programs & more! What You Will Do: Assist with the
examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a
provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by
provider or registered nurse.
- Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information
on patients' charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone,
maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include
ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up
instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider.
- Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to,
laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications. What You Will
Need: Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or
job transfer date required.One or more of the following required:
- Medical Assistant specializing in Registered obtained within 3
Months (90 days) of hire date or jobtransfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant obtained within 3 Months (90 days)
of hire date or job transfer date.Education:
- High school diploma or GED required. Additional Preferences: No
additional preferences. Why Join Our Team: Serving the greater
Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent
has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148
years. We operate 24 hospitals - in addition to outpatient health
centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more - and
offer careers in a wide range of services. We provide generous paid
time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment,
professional development opportunities, and more to help our
associates flourish personally and professionally. When you join
Ascension St. Vincent, you join a diverse team of more than 15,000
associates and 3,000 providers who are dedicated to providing
compassionate, personalized care to all - especially to those most
in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your
community, explore a career with us today. When you join Ascension,
you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country
committed to a Mission of serving others and providing
compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture,
continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings
are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use
to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly
$46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth
and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow
and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our
team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension St.
Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative
Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
fFor further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:fPlease note that
Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who
have applied for a position using our official application. Be on
alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will
not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify
Statement: This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension Health, Fishers , Medical Assistant - Michigan Road Primary Care, Healthcare , Zionsville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!