Medical Assistant I-Primary Care-Zionsville **FT Days/Flexible Schedule/No Weekends/No Holidays**
Company: IU Health Physicians Support Services
Posted on: March 18, 2023
OverviewIU Health Physicians Primary Care in Zionsville is
currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join the team!If you are
looking for the next step in your career, apply today!We offer
medical, dental, vision, 401k match, tuition reimbursement and a
generous PTO plan!Apply NOW! - we can't wait to hear from you!
- Flexible Schedule
- No Weekends/Holidays
- Requires graduation from a Medical Assistant Program
- Promotional Opportunities with MA Career ladder
- We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k match, Tuition
reimbursement and a generous PTO plan!Under the supervision of the
designated supervisor and assigned physician, performs duties
associated with direct patient care and clinical direction to
provide patient care given in accordance with the organization
standards. Assures completeness of ordered procedures and
treatments, assures smooth patient flow, performs general lab work,
instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and
ensures medical orders and referrals are carried out accurately and
in a timely manner. Performs registration and scheduling activities
per organizational and departmental procedures. Maintains EMR files
and performs general front office functions as needed. May perform
computerized physician order entry, only if directed by assigned
physician. May precept current MA team members or MA Externs as
requested by leadership.
- AHA Basic Life Support for healthcare workers certification
required. Other advanced life support certifications may be
required per unit/department specialty according to patient care
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program required.
- Knowledge of OSHA, CLIA, and ADA required.
- TB validated (to administer or read) or validation obtained
within 6 months of hire may be required.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Unit Quality Programs, Meaningful Use and
Standard Work Programs and concepts within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledge of standard laboratory and medical procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance plans and third-party payers.
- Ability to master standard clinical competencies per current
Clinical policy, Point of Care and Skills Competency
- Requires basic math and accurate data collection and entry
Keywords: IU Health Physicians Support Services, Fishers , Medical Assistant I-Primary Care-Zionsville **FT Days/Flexible Schedule/No Weekends/No Holidays**, Healthcare , Zionsville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...