Company: Angels of Mercy Homecare
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Company Overview: We are hiring for a Speech Language
Pathologist to work PRN. -Angels of Mercy Homecare, a part of LHC
Group, we embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and trust and
enjoy the -meaningful connections that come from it: for the whole
patient, their families, -each other, and the communities we
serve-it truly is all about helping people. ----We strive to offer
benefits that reward the whole you!---
- employee wellness programs
- flexibility for true work-life balance -
- continuing education & career growth opportunities
- company-wide support & resources to -help you achieve your
goals ----Take your career to a new level of caring. Apply today!
- Initiates evaluation and completes it within 3 days of
- Evaluates the patient to determine rehab potential, identify
needs, and set goals to be used in the team plan of care
- Identifies appropriate parts of the evaluation when completion
is not possible, prioritizes treatment, and completes per
- Seeks out resources in difficult cases
- Sets initial STG's and LTG's.
- Collaborates with patient and family in goal setting and
- Schedules patient for appropriate time for therapy.
- Identifies patient and family education needs
- Attends PTC weekly and functions as an active participant of
the ID team.
- Collaborates with the team to establish interdisciplinary team
- Utilizes equipment in a proper and safe manner, reports broken
or faulty equipment.
- Follows medical regimen developed for the patient, is aware of
and adheres to precautions if applicable (THR, TKR, Cardiac, Wound,
- Utilizes safe treatment techniques to include compensatory
methods for swallowing and communication.
- Utilizes treatment approaches according to established SLP
protocols and policies.
- Selects proper diagnostic materials to assess all aspects of
communication and/or swallowing function.
- Utilizes alternatives or other innovative approaches as
- Interprets tests correctly. Makes accurate assessments after
considering pertinent information, consults with supervisor of
therapy or peers as needed.
- Completes a bi-weekly summary in conjunction with the POC
- Documents the ID progress notes daily or per session as
indicated by changes in patient's condition or response to
- Documents daily units of treatment on the charge sheet.
- Writes orders on the physician order sheet as indicated
according to hospital policy.
- Documents on the POC form weekly
- Completes D/C summary within 3 days of discharge
- Completes appropriate discharge planning in the following
areas:Provides home evaluation as indicated.Is aware of financial
situation and plans care appropriately.Ensures that patient is
aware of home/work place accessibility.Ensures patient awareness of
needed equipment, and makes plans to secure it.Designs a home
exercise program to address all pre-existing problems.Makes all
appropriate referrals at D/C.
- Serves as a member of the Performance Improvement team
- Collects data monthly in regard to functional improvement and
other areas as indicated to assist in outcome measurement.
- Actively participates in department team meetings
- Conducts in services for other staff members as needed or
- Participates in weekend and holiday rotation as needed
- Participates in student supervision as indicated. Education &
Experience: Specific Education/Experience Requirements -LHC Group
is committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion and is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally
other protected characteristic. -Must be fully vaccinated or be
willing to complete full vaccination by date of hire and proof of
vaccination will be required. If permitted by state law, the
company will consider requests for religious or medical exemptions.
-Angels of Mercy Homecare is part of the LHC Group family of
providers - the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians, and families nationwide. We deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that supports our patients when and where they
need it. From our home health, hospice, and community-based
services to inpatient care at our clinics and hospitals, our
mission is to reach more patients and families with effective and
efficient healthcare. More hospitals, physicians, and families
choose LHC Group because we are united by a single shared purpose:
"It's all about helping people."
Keywords: Angels of Mercy Homecare, Fishers , Speech Therapist, Healthcare , Logansport, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...