Surgical Tech (CST)
Company: Community Health System
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Dukes Memorial Hospital is hiring Surgical Technologists. We offer competitive hourly rates, excellent benefits and up to $25,000 in Signing Bonuses! Come join our community and be a part of a culture that's dedicated to improving lives. Surgical Technologist (CST) PRN Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Dukes Memorial Hospital is a 25-bed, critical access hospital providing inpatient and outpatient care, diagnostic imaging services, medical and surgical care, women's services, emergency care and much more. Accredited by The Joint Commission and part of Lutheran Health Network, we are dedicated to providing compassionate, quality care with the best possible experience to every patient, every time and to making a positive impact on our community.
We give you our best, so you can do your best for our patients. That's why we're committed to providing a range of competitive benefits for your health, family and future:
* Signing Bonuses up to $25,000 (for relocating candidates, up to $15,000 local)
* CHS Pathways - a newly enhanced employee career building program
* PTO, 401K with company matching, tuition reimbursement, multiple tiers of insurance options and so much more!
Education / Licensure / Certification (required):
* A minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED).
* Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program or completed a surgical technology program provided by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard or the commissioned corps of the United States Public Health Service.
* Certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology if graduation occurred on or after July 1, 2009 or evidence of actively practicing surgical technology in a healthcare facility prior to July 1, 2009.
* For graduates after July 1, 2009, certification exams must be attempted within three (3) months of employment. Surgical Technician will have up to six (6) months after hire to successfully pass certification exam or must have achieved certification within 12 months of graduation or forfeit employment. Certification is not required to be maintained after initial attainment.
* 15 continuing education hours related to the practice of surgical technology must be maintained annually
to continue employment. This is tracked within the department by management from documentation
provided by the Surg tech associate.
* BCLS at time of hire or within 30 days of hire and must maintain.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
1) Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
2) Requires a thorough knowledge of sterilization procedures and aseptic techniques.
3) Demonstrates general knowledge of surgical procedure, instruments and supplies utilized in order to prepare the operating suite/treatment room for surgery and assist the medical team throughout the procedure.
4) Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, child, adolescent, aging adult) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
5) Demonstrates well developed interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact effectively with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Community Health System, Fishers , Surgical Tech (CST), Healthcare , Peru, Indiana
here to apply!