Licensed Practical Nurse Castle
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Wexford of Indiana LLC is a member of the Wexford family of
companies : a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional
health care companies. Wexford provides clients with experienced
management; technologically advanced services; and programs that
control costs while ensuring quality of care. For more than two
decades, the Wexford companies have consistently delivered proven
staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health,
pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims
processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford of Indiana LLC, our philosophy is that health care
should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for
those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
This posting is for a
Licensed Practical Nurse
at the New Castle Correctional Facility in New Castle, IN.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health
manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing,
Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or Indiana DOC personnel as
appropriate, the LPN is responsible for assisting in the delivery
of patient care through the nursing process of assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation; Under the guidance of
Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities
commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies.
The Licensed Practical Nurse shall provide a range of services to
the center including assessment, medication delivery,
non-professional nursing care duties and assisting Registered
Nurses and medical personnel. Under the supervision of a Physician
or Registered Nurse, performs non-professional nursing care duties
in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social
dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary in
the housing units.
- Assists in planning individual treatment programs by utilizing
available resources in planning care and consults with registered
nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Assists in implementing individual treatment programs in the
Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing unit.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications and
intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness,
complications, etc., and communicates information to supervisory
personnel and physicians, in accordance with physician orders.
Observes, records and reports symptoms, reactions, and changes in
the condition of all patients.
- Uses available in-house resource personnel and departments for
treatment/consultation. Carries out designated nursing
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of
- Assists with activities of daily living with special attention
to therapeutic significance.
- Assists in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in
- Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team.
- Assists with orientation of new employees
- Assists physician as assigned.
- Supervises inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and
sanitation of the environment.
- Administers medications and injections
- Assesses personal and learning development needs.
- Plans and implements program to meet identified needs through
in-service attendance and other format and informal means.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and performs nursing policies and
- Supports philosophy, objectives and goals of nursing
- Performs within the normal limits of the State Nursing Practice
Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses, policies and procedures and
facility policy/procedures and standards.
- Maintains the confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction,
perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and facility
regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars The
duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving
throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Indiana
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Keywords: Wexford Health, Fishers , Licensed Practical Nurse Castle, Healthcare , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!