Parkhurst - Hourly Sous Chef
Company: Eat'n Park
Location: Gas City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Parkhurst Dining, part of the Eat'n Park Hospitality Group, is a
family owned, family run company that provides culinary, dining and
catering services to over 65 organizations and universities east of
the Mississippi. We believe that food is best when made from
scratch with locally sourced ingredients, prepared with heart, &
served with a smile. This culinary experience is uniquely and
authentically Parkhurst. If you've been searching for a place where
you can do what you love, love what you do and have room to grow,
Responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of that daily
meal production in accordance with Parkhurst standards under strict
sanitary guidelines as outlined in food safety programs.
Participates, assists and maintains the Culinary Gold standards of
Parkhurst Dining in all areas of food production, sanitation, and
management of employees, safety and quality control. Assists
Executive Chef in all phases of planning, budgeting, costing,
inventory and employee relations. Ensures company standards
throughout daily activities.
- Manage and direct all culinary staff to insure standards and
quality are being followed by each staff member.
- Assist in purchasing all food, paper, cleaning, bakery and
safety items within budgeted levels.
- Assist with Executive Chef in menu development, organization
and completion of production sheets and execution of new recipe
- Assist Executive Chef in regular inspections of the entire unit
for sanitation, cleanliness, temperatures and using checklists as a
- Verify that recipe standards and consistency is constantly
being used to ensure a quality product every time.
- Check schedule to ensure all employees are in place and ready
- Review production sheet and daily menu plans.
- Review upcoming special events and catering needs and follow
through with said tasks.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management,
informing them of products and supplies needed.
- Follow the uniform dress code and maintain proper personal
- Helps maintain inventory and proper ordering
- Supervises staff and adheres to proper coaching and discipline
- Assists with on boarding and training of new kitchen team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function as listed above satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- Standing and/or walking - 100% of time
- Occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds
- Frequently lifting up to and over 20 pounds
Eat'n Park Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer. We
focus on valuing our individual and group differences, making our
teams stronger and more engaged. Diversity and inclusion have been
a core value of ours for over 70 years.
Keywords: Eat'n Park, Fishers , Parkhurst - Hourly Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Gas City, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!