Retail Associate - Olio Rd. Fishers, IN
Company: Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Starting at $13 per hour!!!
Are you looking to build your professional skills that can
potentially better your life, expand your options, and make a
direct impact in your local community? Goodwill's Retail Associate
position can be the first step in your journey as you advance your
professional pathway with us. The Retail Associate assists the
store management team in reaching the operational goals of the site
by functioning in various capacities within the retail location.
There are multiple duties this position can operate under to assist
with day-to-day operations that including:
Example Duties and Activities
- Rings up customer orders, maintains a balanced drawer, and
follows all cash handling procedures and protocols.
- Provides general information about Goodwill programs to educate
customers and answer questions. Directs all higher-level questions
to the appropriate associate or manager.
- Maintains cleanliness of sales floor (purge, colorize, run
racks, and merchandise).
Textiles or Wares Producer:
- Sorts product to identify quality and value (checks for holes,
missing buttons, defective zippers, or stains and cleans as needed)
and properly barbs, tags, and hangs textiles or wares. Groups
textiles (categorizing by light to dark and solid to prints).
- Produces 100 pieces per hour adhering to Goodwill's pricing
standards and updates daily production tracking sheet.
- Occasionally uses a pallet jack and regularly uses a conveyor
Donation Door Attendant:
- Accepts donations from customers and maintains a clean and
clear donation door while educating customers on current Goodwill
promotions, including the rewards program.
- Quickly and accurately sorts products and distributes them to
- Maintains an efficient working area by ensuring the backroom is
clean and organized (all boxes labeled, everything in its place,
and a place for everything).
- Loads and unloads trucks as needed and regularly uses heavy
equipment, including a pallet jack, double stacker, floor scrubber,
and hydraulic lift.
- Develops a keen eye to identify and secure items of value for
- Stays informed of the market value of merchandise through eBay
and other Internet shopping sites to properly tag, itemize, and
secure items in totes for ClickGoodwill and educates team of
eCommerce high ticket items.
- Properly, efficiently and carefully palletizes, wraps, and
ships totes to ClickGoodwill to meet store quota regarding totes
shipped per week.
- Scans books received by the store and decides what is sent to
ClickGoodwill or displayed at the store location to meet the store
- Prints inventory sheets and packs, seals, and ships totes for
- Identifies top sellers and manages a clean, organized, in-store
Rack and Cart Runner:
- Checks each rack/cart to ensure quality and value.
- Properly colorizes, merchandises, and purges the sales
- Maintains a clean and orderly sales floor, puts away carts, and
- Runs one textile rack/wares cart per 15 minutes and updates
daily production tracking sheet.
- Degree and Credential Requirements: NONE! We value candidates
who can demonstrate capability and articulate how prior experiences
will help them contribute. We believe in continuous learning and
- Customer Focus - Has the ability to see, comprehend and relate
with customers in an impartial, unbiased yet effective and balanced
manner; builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the
products and services offered by the organization; provides
excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Teamwork - Works well with others and makes valued
contributions to the outputs of others in order to assist the team
or project to achieve the required outputs.
- Ethical - Adheres to procedures and protocol, including
maintaining confidentiality in passwords, logging on and off
procedures, and adherence to Goodwill's values.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in
accomplishing tasks, including safety awareness.
- Time Management - Manages one's own time and the time of others
- Technical Knowledge - Has familiarity with computers and
relevant software including basic computer and Internet navigation
- Communication Skills - Articulates thoughts and expresses ideas
effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal
communication skills, as well as listening skills to comprehend
customers' needs. Delivers information in person, in writing, and
in a digital world.
- Mathematical Aptitude - Develops and applies mathematical
thinking in order to solve a range of problems in everyday
- Critical Thinking - Uses judgment and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or
approaches to problems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with
disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Hard to Very Hard Physical Work - Is able to spend time in
excess of 8 hours sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling,
and crouching. Uses hands to grasp, carry, feel, or touch products
and machinery. Has the ability to move and lift 10-50 pounds. Can
manage frequent exposure to moderate noise and temperature
Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits
program that includes:
- Continuing education and leadership development
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness
- Section 125 pretax health spending account, dependent care
spending account and premiums
Mission, Vision and Values: click here
Click this link to learn more about our Retail division GW Retail
Since 1930, Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana has helped
Hoosiers become more economically self-sufficient through
employment, education, job training, and health services. Today, we
are one of the largest Goodwills in North America, providing
services to thousands of individuals and families each year.
We change lives every day by empowering people to increase their
independence and reach their potential. As employees, we thrive and
work as a team living and breathing Goodwill's values. When
becoming an employee, you can expect to embrace the values of
Innovation, The Value of the Individual, Learning, Employment,
Self-Sufficiency, and Lasting Impact.
Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana is an EEO
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc., Fishers , Retail Associate - Olio Rd. Fishers, IN, Hospitality & Tourism , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!