Food Prep - Deli
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Summary$1,000 New Hire Checklist
As a member of the Deli team, your primary responsibility will be
servicing the customers by filling their orders and ensuring they
have the freshest products available. After being fully you
trained, you will help other Team Members around the store
specifically in, Prepared Foods and Meat Departments. You will also
maintain display cases to ensure customer needs are met and build
customer loyalty by providing unparalleled customer service. To
thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that
you are only successful when those around you are set up for
success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive
to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire
those around you.Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Food Safety experience
- Education Desired:No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of deli special
orders to ensure guests are delighted with the finished
- Weigh and label products for guests.
- Set up the deli case according to company standards.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guests'
- Maintain product level in sales cases.
- Utilize appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
- Check in deliveries and compare invoice to merchandise.
- Assist in maintaining deli cooler efficiency by unloading
- Cross train in Meat, Prepared Foods and Seafood.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines.
- Provide exemplary customer service and greet guests in a
- Fill orders.
- Maintain safety as the top priority.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which
embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members,
customers, vendors and the community.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc.,
we re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We re one giant
family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the
heart and soul of our company. It s why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of
the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland,
Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo
s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are
working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on
their faces. We re always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Fishers , Food Prep - Deli, Hospitality & Tourism , Zionsville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!