Cadre Shift Supervisor
Company: State of Indiana
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Cadre Shift Supervisor Date Posted: Jan 6, 2023 Requisition ID:
417829 Location: Knightstown, IN, US, 46148 Work for Indiana Grow
your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive
branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce
offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a
broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana
employee, you impact the well-being of Indianas communities every
day. At the State of Indiana, we dont just talk about diversity and
inclusion Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and
equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the
State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer,
reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals
with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential
functions of a role. Next Level benefits at the State of Indiana
are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package offerings
below. Agency Statement : The Adjutant Generals Office (AGO)
provides a dynamic workplace while serving the Indiana National
Guard at its various facilities throughout the state. AGOs programs
and projects offer exciting opportunities for professionals in many
fields - from maintenance repair to cadre to civil engineers -
looking to begin or advance their careers. AGO offers a competitive
compensation and benefits package, as well as an outstanding
work/life balance. AGO offers agency specific benefits, such as an
opportunity to work an alternative work schedule and a spot bonus
program to reward hardworking employees. Salary Statement : This
position typically starts at an annual salary of $42,900, but may
be commensurate with education and experience.Role Overview : The
mission of the Hoosier Youth Challenge Academy (HYCA) is to
intervene in and reclaim the lives of at-risk youth to produce
program graduates with the values, skills, education and
self-discipline necessary to succeed as adults. This program
provides training, including supervised work experience in
community service and conservation programs, to civilian youth who
cease to attend secondary school before graduating so as to improve
their life skills and employment potential. About the Job: As the
Cadre Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for a team of
cadets as their direct supervisor responsible for cadet
accountability, discipline and safety; enforcement of Academy rules
and policies; instruction of drill and ceremony; physical-fitness
training; movement of cadets according to the training schedule;
and completing administrative reports. You will also be responsible
for the training and supervision of all team leaders on duty,
compiling reports and supervises the execution of the Cadet daily
schedules. You will teach the cadets life-skills through positive
mentoring, leading by example, providing teaching basic social
skills, enforcing standards, helping to build self-confidence and
problem solving abilities, developing leadership and teamwork
skills for the Hoosier Youth Challenge Academy (HYCA). A Day in the
Life: The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Collect,compile, and distribute information for weekly training
- Assist Team Leaders in analyzing and evaluating cadet progress
and development towards accomplishing the program goals and
objectives and completion of the eight-core program.
- Investigate serious infractions of policy and procedures by
cadets, determine proper consequence and administer disciplinary
actions for unacceptable and inappropriate behavior.
- Ensure accountability and maximum participation of cadets in
activities and classes.
- Participate in and monitor class activities and monitor and
supervise cadets during scheduled visitations by parents,
guardians, and mentors.
- Analyze and evaluate cadet progress and development towards
accomplishing the program goals and objectives and completion of
the eight-core program.
- Provide limited first line counseling to reduce friction,
improve morale and maintain continuity and report any behavioral
- Ensure that cadet barracks, common areas and living conditions
are properly maintained in accordance with established
- Secure and control of the use of cadet residential quarters,
report facility deficiencies, hold residents accountable for misuse
and abuse of the facility.
- Prepare and teach classes to cadets on rules and
- Transport cadets between locations, i.e. formations, physical
training areas, classrooms, and other authorized off-site locations
making certain cadets are always accounted for.
- Teach, demonstrate, supervise, and evaluate cadets performance
during daily physical fitness training, drill and ceremonies and
during community involvement activities and community service
- Recruit, select, onboard, and train employees to ensure role
responsibilities and expectations are clearly understood while
providing opportunities to continue professional development.
- Set expectations, measure progress, provide ongoing feedback,
and evaluate the performance of employees. Ensure work adheres to
quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures. The job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may
change or be assigned at any time. What You'll Need for Success:
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for
- Must be a minimum age of 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalent (HSE).
- Six (6) months experience as a Cadre Team Leader.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including
Access, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to read and comprehend policies, procedures, manuals,
and other written material.
- Ability to promote socially acceptable attitudes and behaviors,
use tact, recognize that value systems may vary, treat individuals
with respect and consideration and reason logically and arrive at
- Ability to gain trust and establish effective mentoring
relationships with at-risk youth.
- Ability to make sound decisions and remain calm under stressful
- Ability to perform work outdoors and withstand inclement
weather and other environmental conditions.
- Ability to physically perform the essential duties of the job.
This includes conducting and performing rigorous physical fitness
training, to include hiking with a backpack over rough terrain,
running from one mile up to five miles and demonstrating a variety
of physical fitness exercise routines, such as push- ups, sit ups,
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to delegate work, set clear direction, and manage
- Ability to effectively give feedback, provide guidance or
corrective action, coach, and develop employee skillsets.This
person must satisfy the following requirements to continue
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) will be required within first
90 days of employment.
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- First Aid and CPR certification required or ability to obtain
such certification. Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role provides direct supervision for one or more staff
members.Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana: The State
of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time
employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well
as vision and dental plans
- Wellness Rewards Program: Complete wellness activities to earn
gift card rewards
- Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state
- Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for
hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed
outside state facilities
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a
variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Group life insurance
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Free Parking for most positions
- Free LinkedIn Learning access Equal Employment Opportunity: The
State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Current
Employee? Click here
Keywords: State of Indiana, Fishers , Cadre Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Knightstown, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!