Company: Market District
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Job SummaryThe Bakery Lead provides exemplary customer service
by greeting customers in the department and ensuring they are able
to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery Leads are also
expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make
suggestions to our customers. To thrive in this position, you
should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when
those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support
an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership
and have the ability to inspire those around you. Job
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader
recommendation. Baking and decorating experience
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory
experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other
similar role; Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.
g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role; Demonstrated
product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance
and discipline record
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the
department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they
are looking for.
- Have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make
suggestions to customers.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping
- Review production schedule to determine production requirements
for a variety of baked goods for cake decorating preparation.
- Bake prepared and from-scratch products for the bakery cases
and displays, review bakery label standards - rotating product and
ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest
products are available for sale.
- Assist in maintaining bakery backroom, cooler and freezer
efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw
materials and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and
- Accurately record special orders on bakery products to ensure
the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining
- Pull out dates, scan stale items into the appropriate system
and track shrink.
- Maintain opening and closing department standards (as far as
setup and breakdown), as well as daily operational conditions.
- Receive food ingredients and supplies from the dry, frozen and
packaging storage areas as required for daily operation. About UsAt
Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience.
We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our
people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to
create a nurturing environment that offers countless career
opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what
makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater
Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our
Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate
home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers'
tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the
best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join
our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Market District, Fishers , Bakery Lead, Hospitality & Tourism , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...