Company: St Elmo Incorporated
Posted on: September 10, 2019
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability,
contact us at to ask for an accommodation or an alternative
application process. This posting is for a Restaurant Manager
Position for a new Huse Culinary concept, the 1933 Lounge, with a
target opening date of Fall 2019. Sous Chef Essential Job Functions
- Must be physically present on restaurant floor during business
- Ensures that staffing levels are maintained and adjusted to
meet or exceed customer needs.
- Assist in management and staff team building.
- Asist in properly training, motivating, scheduling, and
supervising kitchen employees.
- Assists as required in all operational capacities.
- Responsible for maintaining and insuring proper sanitation of
all restaurant equipment.
- Conforms to all federal, state, and local laws governing
employee scheduling and wages.
- Purchases company specified products and ingredients from
company specified suppliers.
- Collect payment (at cost) for any product transferred out of
stock to any employee, owner, or anywhere off premises.
- Takes an accurate inventory of all food and cleaning supplies
at the end of fiscal period.
- Reviews P&L with the General Manager prior to submission to
- Daily inventories of meat and other high-cost menu items will
be taken to monitor actual usage and determine if there was any
loss. Sous Chef Requirements
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- 2+ years Chef experience. Sous Chef Work Environment/General
Physical Requirements (subject to reasonable accommodations if
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, restaurant staff,
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and
lifting/carrying up to 30 pounds.
- Standing for extended periods (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to perform data entry and various paperwork
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Sous Chef Schedule
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurants'
requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some
- Must maintain regular attendance.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- This is an Exempt status position. Equal Employment Opportunity
Statement Huse Culinary, Inc. provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Sous Chef
Job Functions Disclaimer The above statement reflects the general
functions of this job and shall not be interpreted as a detailed
description of all the work requirements inherent in this role. The
immediate supervisor may expand upon the above list if it is
determined that additional duties fall within the partners' scope
of responsibility. PM19
Keywords: St Elmo Incorporated, Fishers , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!