Technical Writer (Mortgage Servicing)
Company: Freedom Mortgage Corporation
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining various types
of user documentation, including how-to guides, references,
manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions. Work closely with our
Compliance Officer to create and approve Process and
Essential Job Functions:
- Create, update and maintain user documentation for a variety of
material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the
- Ensure field flow in the correct sequence.
- Write clear and concise policies and procedures.
- Submit copies to managers for feedback.
- Adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and
- Release the document following final approval.
- Provide updates and different editions as necessary.
- Participate in Servicing sessions to stay abreast of upcoming
changes and prepare draft documentation.
- Write/Update/Maintain our Policy, Process and Procedures.
- Effective and continues communication within all the
- Responsible for tracking what deliverables are required and
ensuring that they are completed on time. Additional Work
- Minimum of 2+ years of technical writing experience in Policy,
Process and Procedure with focus on end user documentation and help
- Excellent team player and team builder.
- Ability to convey complex information in an appropriate fashion
to audiences with different levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to manage multipole tasks at once.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and respond to changing
business and technical conditions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills must be able to
communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members
- Strong interest in software and technical writing technologies
is an easily accessible style.
- Proven proficiency in using a modern tool set for generating
- Experience with working with SharePoint, is a plus with
technical writing experience.
This job has not supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University; or
one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
government regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
#LI-EK1 Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has
since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately
owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all
50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands,
Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly
servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a
leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry's
largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families
through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two
regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large
operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets:
Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL;
Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for
advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and
recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected
veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants
encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful
completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace.
Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including
medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in
confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match
requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS
Equal Opportunity Employer-
Keywords: Freedom Mortgage Corporation, Fishers , Technical Writer (Mortgage Servicing), IT / Software / Systems , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!