Research Scientist; Analytical Technology/Microspectroscopist
Company: Curia (formerly AMRI)
Location: West Lafayette
Posted on: January 15, 2022
RESEARCH SCIENTIST -MICROSPECTROSCOPIST in West Lafayette,
Curia provides global contract research and manufacturing services
to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist in Microspectroscopy is an integral part of
the Curia team, contributing to our success by being part of the
most trusted provider of drug discovery, development and
manufacturing services for pharmaceutical and biotech innovators.
To accomplish this, we provide exceptional scientific expertise and
maintain relationships with customers by providing service that
goes above and beyond. Having the right people on our team is
critical to this mission.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a
customer focused attitude is a priority. We pursue excellence
because our work has the power to improve patients' lives with the
pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Research
Scientist/Senior Research Scientist in our microscopy group at our
West Lafayette, Indiana facility who can oversee the microscopy
group that primarily supports solid state analysis of drugs, drug
products, drug delivery devices, and wide variety of other
materials. The incumbent will lead a diverse team of microscopists
and will efficiently manage scientific efforts and resources to
ensure the attainment of objectives in a timely manner. The
Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist must effectively
communicate with the site personnel and customers with the highest
In This Role, You Will
- Develop and utilize characterization techniques to support drug
substance and drug product development.
- Provide expertise and timely support for
microscopy/microspectroscopy techniques, which will include but is
not limited to SEM, EDS, infrared microspectroscopy, Raman
microscopy, and micro-XRF.
- Independently perform hands-on experimental work utilizing the
- Comply with all cGMP and safety requirements, laboratory SOPs,
and company policies and procedures.
- Provide project oversight, client interactions, and expert
- Develop and write analytical methods and operating procedures
according to specific sample or testing requirements.
- Maintain microscopy instrumentation/equipment per written GMP
procedures to ensure optimal operations and quality data
- Technically interact with in-house scientific experts and
internal/external clients as appropriate.
- Prepare well-written scientific reports, proposals, and
- Demonstrate flexibility in organizing work and priorities for
delivering on client timelines.
- Possess excellent decision making skills to identify and solve
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Master's degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, or related
science field with relevant laboratory experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related laboratory work experience in a
pharmaceutical environment; or an equivalent combination of
training and experience
- Expertise in microspectroscopy, microscopy (light, hot-stage,
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Experience with current analytical techniques, design and
troubleshooting of experiments, and interpretation of data
- Excellent communication skills are required, as is a high level
of independence and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to lead, and develop a group of scientists
- cGMP pharmaceutical laboratory hands on experience.
- Various analytical instrumentation, especially those used in a
solid state chemistry laboratory such as XRPD, TG, DSC, FT-IR,
Raman, KF, and DVS.
U.S. employees of Curia Global Inc. and its subsidiaries (a
"Company") hired after December 7, 2021 must be fully vaccinated
against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of
vaccination as a condition of their employment except for U.S.
employees who request and qualify under applicable law for
disability and religious accommodations from the COVID-19 vaccine
mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the
Company for a position as a U.S. employee will be required to
provide proof of vaccination, or to request and receive a
disability or religious accommodation that the applicant is
entitled to under applicable law, before their first day of
employment or any earlier or later deadline specified by the
Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity
employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment
decisions without regards to an individual's disability or religion
or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
All interested applicants must apply online. Curia is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Curia (formerly AMRI), Fishers , Research Scientist; Analytical Technology/Microspectroscopist, IT / Software / Systems , West Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!