FHA Claims Processing Specialist
Company: Freedom Mortgage
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Soar With UsFlying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at
Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing
and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and
homeownership. This is only possible through our vast knowledge
base and broad capabilities, and it's demonstrated by our winning
trajectory.The Vacancy: FHA Claim Processing Specialist The FHA
Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all
FHA Part B claims and all non-conveyance claims including CWCOT
(Claims without Conveyance of Title), SFLS (Single Family Loan
Sale) claims and all Loss Mitigation claims including PFS
(Pre-Foreclosure Sale) Claims, Partial Claims, SFB (Special
Forbearance) incentive claims, Loan Modification incentive claims
and HAMP claims. Additional responsibilities include, but may not
be limited to, claim auditing and analysis of curtailments/losses,
processing of partial claim documentation, follow up on all claim
payments, title package submission to HUD and monitoring for
approval or extension as needed within investor/insurer timeframes.
It is essential these functions are handled as timely as possible
within established requirements to minimize all associated losses.
What does the job look like? As an FHA Claim Processing Specialist
, your daily duties will include.
- Monitor attorney firms to ensure that all title packages are
submitted timely or ensure extension to HUD is requested as needed
within investor/insurer timeframes.
- File all Part B expense claims within insurer/investor
- File all non -conveyance claims including CWCOT, SFLS and loss
mitigation claims within investor/insurer timeframes.
- Audit of claims filed to report on curtailments or losses to
- Process partial claim documentation required be sent for
recording and track progress
- Follow-up daily/weekly on all outstanding claim proceeds
- Work to resolve all exceptions on suspended claim funds
- Monitor daily reports and queues
- Act as a point of contact/liaison on all escalated issues
ensuring that policies and procedures related to post sale
processes are followed, including compliance with federal laws and
- Ensure Supervisor is kept informed of all trends and issues
including, but not limited to FHA claim curtailments, loss
- Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed effectively
and efficiently to reduce costs where possible by improving methods
- Complies timely and accurately with instructions provided by
Supervisor. If unable to meet a deadline, the deadline must be
renegotiated prior to the initial deadline date. Education and
- Basic knowledge and experience with FHA, default guidelines and
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is dependable
and adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong team player.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks.
- Microsoft office experience and advanced Excel knowledge.
- Strong work and business ethics.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as legal
documents, policies and procedures and financial reports.
- Problem solve and seek new solutions to issues and/or work
- Ability to effectively write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of word processing,
spreadsheets, accounting general ledgers, accounts receivable,
accounts payable and e-mail internet software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle high volumes in a fast paced
- Ability to meet critical departmental and federal timelines
with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelors Degree (B.A.) from a
four-year College or University; or four to six years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts
such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of
plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
practical situations.Soar With Us.#CB #LI-KB1 Founded in Mount
Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of
the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service
residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states,
Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom
Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing
$225.6 billion, and is still growing. Our mission is to foster
homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage
lending and is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic
supporters of the USO and military families through its Team
Freedom Cares philanthropic arm. Locations include suburban
Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top
Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide,
including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL;
Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas,
CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA. If you seek a sense of
community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a
comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program,
look no further. Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or
their status as a protected veteran or an individual with
disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment
contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.
Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All
resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles
closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
LENDER NMLS ID:2767 Equal Opportunity Employer-
Keywords: Freedom Mortgage, Fishers , FHA Claims Processing Specialist, Other , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!