Fort Wayne Production Worker-Temporary Part-Time- $16.67hr
Company: General Motors LLC
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Production Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who
are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool
changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and
equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing
team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles
are highly integrated.
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and
supply to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding
- Perform bench, floor or conveyor assembly work, usually of
short cycle duration, and involving standardized work elements.
Must be able to comprehend and follow written work instructions.
Work may involve using hand positioning, assist devices such as
hoists, and power tools or other equipment.
- First responder support of production machining and/or assembly
environment. This entails use of computerized equipment and
activities to include machine resets, quality and utilizing
standardized work instructions.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform tasks on all equipment in
- Perform predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced
- Report for work on time to support production startup and
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be
required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while
frequently bending, twisting, reaching and periodically lifting up
to 40 lbs.
Additional Job Description
Work requirements include:
- We are hiring immediately and you will be able to start with us
within two weeks of successfully completing our hiring
- These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of
- Our current openings are Part-Time positions.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work any shift.
- Production Saturdays may be required as part of a typical
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. Holiday pay and health care
options after 90 days.
- Current temporary employees may receive preference if regular
full-time positions become available.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors
hiring process requirements which includecomprehensive
assessments, hair drug testing, and a background check.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day,
afternoon, or night shift.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors LLC, Fishers , Fort Wayne Production Worker-Temporary Part-Time- $16.67hr, Other , Marion, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!