Principal Electrical Test Engineer
West Lafayette, IN
As the Principal Electrical Test Engineer, you will oversee
capability, maintenance, programming, troubleshooting, and repair
of electronic production test rigs and experimental test equipment
at the Rolls-Royce West Lafayette Production and Test Facility in
West Lafayette, IN.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our
customers, to society and to the planet.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry,
Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe.
They include everyone from world experts in their field to those
who manage hundreds of people and millions of dollars worth of
investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of
disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer
freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of
- Support electronic production acceptance test rigs to ensure
day-to-day operations and production schedules are met including
responsibilities for calibration, commissioning, repairing,
servicing, and maintaining service records.
- Manage strategic plans for electronic test rigs including
coordination between global Rolls-Royce production sites and 3rd
- Lead capability growth projects including design/fabrication of
electronic test rigs and components, process integration, new
equipment selection, procurement, and capital schemes.
- Write and review test plans and procedures
- Track and report metrics and key performance indicators for
test processes and other production processes as necessary
- Travel up to 10% domestically and globally
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or
Electrical Engineering technology with 2+ years of experience in
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering , OR
- PhD in Electrical Engineering
- In order to be considered for the role, you must be a US
- Experience with LabView Software
- Experience with Matlab Software
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project leadership experience
- Experience leading facility equipment capital projects
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and
you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest
levels, working in an international environment for a company known
the world over for its brilliance.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to
developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working
environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and
cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives
we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of
respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the
opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are keeping our people safe by
offering the option to work from home where possible and necessary.
If you’re successful for this role you may be expected to work from
home on a temporary basis. When Rolls-Royce updates the
safety protocols related to COVID-19, you may be required to work
in multiple spaces (home, office, alternate locations, etc.) as
needed across the work week. These may vary dependent on
required tasks, the needs of the team, and the focus of the
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll
consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any
Relocation assistance will be provided if applicable
Close Date: September 7th 2021
If you have questions regarding this requisition, please contact
Validation and Verification
06 Oct 2021; 00:10