Company: Franciscan Ministries
Location: West Lafayette
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Overview:University Place, a part of Franciscan Ministries, is a
vibrant senior living community in West Lafayette, Indiana.
University Place is a continuing care retirement community (CCRC),
offering a variety of senior lifestyle options including
independent living, assisted living, memory support assisted
living, and skilled nursing/long-term care. Additionally, the
onsite rehabilitation clinic offers inpatient and outpatient
physical, occupational, and speech therapies, and state-of-the-art
programs designed to enhance the quality of life for residents and
patients in the local community. We are currently looking for a
part time Chaplain to add to our team!Duties and
- Interviews and visits residents to determine their spiritual
needs and preferences.
- Maintain the confidentially of all resident care
- Provides spiritual support and prayer to residents, families
and staff as needed
- Visits residents in the hospital as needed.
- Comfortable providing spiritual care to residents/patients from
varied faith traditions.
- Substitutes as a Minister of Care as needed.
- Acts as a resource to residents, families and staff regarding
- Meets with family to plan funeral liturgies as needed
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelors in Religious Studies or comparable theological
education. Ex. Deacon or Certificate from Office Lay
- 1 to 2 years parish/church ministry or healthcare experience.
Serve as a Minister of Care.
- Preferred - 1 to 2 years experience as a health care
- Competitive Compensation
- Life/Disability Insurance
- 401k Match
- Tuition AssistanceAbout Franciscan Ministries:We believe in our
associates and are committed to creating an environment that is
supportive and nurturing of your career path. We offer competitive
compensation and tuition reimbursement along with training,
continuing education and wellness programs. DFWP/EOE/e-verifyAre
you ready to write the next chapter of YOUR story? Please apply
now!Please note:Franciscan Ministries takes the health and safety
of its employees, residents, patients, customers and their families
very seriously. To that end, we have concluded that the best way to
ensure the safety of these individuals is to mandate that all of
our employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, when
considering whether to apply for this position, please know that in
order to become employed by Franciscan Ministries (if otherwise
eligible), you must provide satisfactory proof, such as a vaccine
card, that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. You will not be
required to provide this proof unless and until you receive a
formal job offer from Franciscan Ministries. Please also know that
Franciscan Ministries will accept and review requests for
accommodations for qualified individuals who cannot receive the
COVID-19 vaccination because of a sincerely held religious belief
or due to a medical issue.
Keywords: Franciscan Ministries, Fishers , Chaplain, Other , West Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!