Company: Tipmont Wintek
Posted on: August 4, 2022
The purpose of the Journeyman Lineman is to supply present and
future electrical service needs of Tipmont REMC members in an
efficient, economical manner.
The challenging nature of the job calls for toughness and grit. The
reward is not only being part of a team responsible for providing
power to homes. It is being a crucial first responder during
natural or manmade disasters - one who provides and restores
comfort and safety as well as electric service.
- Instruct Apprentice Linemen during various phases of their
- Familiarity with cooperative procedures and responsibility for
correct, timely and complete handling of all records and
- Maintain necessary skills and knowledge to remain a competent
- The Journeyman Lineman:
- Is first responsible to the Line Superintendent and, if
assigned to a crew, under the supervision of the Line Foreman to
which he is assigned; a Journeyman Lineman may, in turn, be
delegated responsibility for supervising the work of
- Shall have full authority to perform duties and
responsibilities of the position in conformity with established
policies and procedures.
- Is accountable to their supervisor and the management of the
cooperative for efficient performance of these responsibilities;
although responsibilities may be delegated or assigned to another
person, the accountability cannot be.
- Is encouraged to use initiative and judgment in making
decisions and remembering that their actions can affect the
cooperative's best interests.
- Should feel free to suggest improvements for operations and
- Shall secure approval from the Operations Manager, Line
Superintendent or Line Foreman in making decisions when policies
are unclear, inadequate or require interpretation.
Construction and Maintenance
- Plan daily work activities by reviewing staking sheets, work
orders, maps and other related paperwork on each job in preparation
for planning timely completion of assigned work.
- Hold necessary knowledge to perform all phases of line work,
including construction, operation and maintenance of the
cooperative's electrical distribution and transmission
- Perform any of the duties involved in their previous
- The Journeyman Lineman will be on the standby rotation list and
go out with anyone in the Line Department, such as another
Journeyman Lineman or Pre-Apprentice Lineman, Apprentice Lineman,
Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, or anyone assigned to
him by the Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor.
Safety and Compliance
- Provide thorough job-briefing tailgate conferences prior to
starting projects to ensure the completion of work in a safe,
efficient, and timely manner.
- Work in compliance with established Rural Utilities Service
(RUS) guidelines, federal regulations, National Electric Safety
Code (NESC) requirements, state code regulations, and cooperative
designing and staking specifications regarding standards, code
safety rules, and general operating procedures.
- Set an example of safe practices for others through their own
- Must be a certified journeyman Lineman.
- Ability to use or learn to use a personal computer for various
applications, including Word, Excel and database programs.
- Ability to perform all types of work without
- Ability to use all types of office equipment (e.g., copier, fax
- Ability to operate an automobile.
- Ability to operate a two-way radio.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language above the
level of the average adult.
- Ability to listen carefully to members and co-workers.
- Must have a valid driver's license and valid Class A CDL.
Keywords: Tipmont Wintek, Fishers , Journeyman Lineman, Other , Linden, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!