Company: Reid Health
Location: Cambridge City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Monday-Thursday 8:30a-5:00p, Friday 8:30a-4:30p.
Under the direction of the Physician(s) and Practice Manager, the
Office Assistant performs all front office duties including
answering the telephone, scheduling patient appointments,
performing check-in and check-out functions, and maintaining
patient medical records. This individual works hand-in-hand with
the Physician and Practice Manager to achieve quality outcomes for
the patient. This position will work in the Reid Lab and X-ray
department at Cambridge City.
- Answer and triage incoming telephone calls, responds to
questions, takes appropriate messages, schedules patient
appointments or transfers caller as necessary.
- Maintains appointment schedule by scheduling patient based on
urgency, length of exam time required, and or convenience of
- Confirms next day patient appointments by contacting patient
reminding of appointment time, maintains correct availability of
days and rescheduling as soon as possible.
- Collects patient copayments.
- Verifies patient and insurance information.
- Updates chart with copies of current insurance card and patient
- Prepares new patient charts as necessary.
- Verifies insurance coverage, plan benefits coverage, signed
insurance assignments, release of information signature,
- Check out patient by collecting any additional payment due for
services rendered if applicable.
- Enter CPT and ICD-9 codes.
- Record and post charges and payments daily.
- Balance cash drawer and prepare deposit for Practice Manager to
take to bank.
- Inventories and restocks office supplies after approval by
- Sort and distribute mail, lab results and transcription on a
- File appropriate lab results and transcription according to
timelines established by the practice.
- Performs all duties respectful of confidentiality and safety of
all patients, employees, and Physicians.
- Adheres to established quality principles and standards
established by Reid Physician Associates, Inc. and Reid Hospital
and Health Care Services Qualifications
High School Graduate or GED equivalent; graduate of accredited
Medical Assistant Training Program preferred
Schedule DetailsDay shift. 40 hours weekly.
Keywords: Reid Health, Fishers , Office Assistant, Other , Cambridge City, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!