Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job SummaryDairy Leads provide leadership in the dairy
department by directing and managing Team Members, ordering
perishable and non-perishable products and supplies and
implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of
the business while meeting customer requirements and maximizing
profits. The Dairy Lead also assists the Grocery Manager in
supervising all Team Members in the dairy department.To thrive in
this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are
only successful when those around you are set up for success. You
are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your
career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in grocery/dairy or
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 poundsJob Responsibilities
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and
suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations
to increase profitability.
- Direct, oversee and evaluate training provided by a trainer to
department employees in order to reduce turnover, promote
efficiency and control labor costs.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA
requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other
departments in order to develop marketing plans that help meet the
financial objectives of the store.
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Index and Team Member Point
of View Survey to identify areas needing improvement and develop
processes and/or procedures to address the issues.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of
activities is available.
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed so that the
store meets out of stock percentage goals.
- Promote continuous development of employees and identify
candidates for the Team Leader Development Program.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not
limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that
customer service is a significant point of difference for our
Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external
customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity
and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service
in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment that
embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members,
customers, vendors and the community.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw
materials and supplies to meet customer requirements and maximize
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventory and
work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to
company policy.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just
food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and
talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our
company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that
offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and
solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places
for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and
Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery
Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together
to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're
always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our
family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a
lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Fishers , Dairy Lead, Other , Zionsville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!