Foreclosure Specialist, II
Company: Carrington Mortgage Services
Posted on: November 25, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, reviews, follows-up and ensures timely and accurate
completion of all regular scheduled steps including outstanding
/late steps within the foreclosure tracking templates on a daily
- Effectively communicates with team, default support groups,
clients, and investors during foreclosure proceedings.
- Obtains approval, and properly manages any outstanding or
upcoming event/task. This includes but not limited to; completing
steps within deadlines as well as accuracy of dates entered - for
completion of event/task.
- Proper management of Custodians during collateral order and/or
document scanning and upload - upon receipt
- Communicates with assigned attorney/trustees via vendor
tracking software - regarding delays and/or pending
- Utilizes all, applicable tools available to effectively manage
pipeline, system of record, vendor tracking software- queue, as
well as control reporting.
- Provision timely and accurate figures, information, documents,
or instructions to assigned attorney/trustee/vendor within SLA as
outlined in foreclosure and/or default procedures.
- Process all fee/cost/figure related inquiries within SLA; to
ensure proper loan dispositioning, system coding, investor
reporting and/or funds' processing.
- Ensures all attorney fees/costs and foreclosure costs are
within Investor, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, or USDA
allowable fees schedules.
- Properly maintains system of record and/or vendor tracking
software to ensure proper notification/reporting to Investor,
Client, Borrower, State, or Federal/Government Agency during a
- Ensures all foreclosure procedural documents are imaged
- Work with immediate team lead or supervisor for optimal
resolutions when an "exception cases"/lien threats including but
not limited to tax sales, drug seizures, or contested foreclosures
- Identifies, remediates, and resolves complex/escalated matters
with management guidance, and approval to avoid delays in the
- Verifies taxes and insurance are maintained, as well as paid
- Documents all servicing activities, action taken, delays,
follow-up, and phone conversations in the system notes.
- Monitors vendor performance and properly notify Department
Manager, Vendor Management, Oversight Management, or Client
Management when performance issues occur (vendor's
inability/failure to comply with investor/insurer procedures and/or
- Reviews future and upcoming sales, no less than 5 days prior to
scheduling of sale, to ensure all requirements are met
- Transfers files for conveyance/claim filing and/or to REO
within 24 hours after the foreclosure sale of completion of the
Ratification, Confirmation or Redemption period.
- Proper disposition and completion of a foreclosure sale, and
follow up on sale proceeds within its respective judicial or
- Compiles, maintains, and ensures proper system coding for
accurate and appropriate IRS 1099A/1099C (on foreclosed loan in the
same month of sale completion)"
- Processes all, instructions for posting of funds within SLAs;
ensures timely and accurate instruction if/when funds or proceeds
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & LICENSES:
- Ability to self-motivate and work with limited
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on complex issues
and to negotiate, and integrate different viewpoints
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on
immediate work unit
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record,
balance and check results for accuracy
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-
related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact
- Ability to manage work in order to meet strict deadlines
- Effective, written and oral communication, organizational, and
time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and changing
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and
quality of loan evaluation
- Understanding the foreclosure process and understanding the
difference between Judicial and Non-Judicial proceedings
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience; some college
- Two (2) years of Foreclosure experience or a combination of
three (3) years' banking/mortgage experience
- Notary Public or prior Paralegal experience preferred.
Keywords: Carrington Mortgage Services, Fishers , Foreclosure Specialist, II, Other , Westfield, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!