Posted on: November 26, 2022
Your responsibilitiesProject leader manages a portfolio of tk
Steering Column and I-shaft projects with highly diverse project
teams located in Mexico, Europe, and the USA. Project Leader will
be reporting to the Platform Leader.The expectation from Project
Leader is to continuously act as "the CEO of the project". This
requires high level of leadership, technical knowledge, and
interpersonal skills to launch and manage projects successfully by
meeting performance, quality, cost and timing targets for assigned
projects and customer.Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The
main duties and responsibilities are included, but not limited, in
the list below. Other duties may be assigned as the organization
evolves with products and customers.
- Lead & manage tk Steering Mechanical Product Life Cycle (MPLC)
process starting from customer nomination throughout end of life
for products in the assigned project portfolio
- Manage project and product master data in Agile PLM, and
project management systems.
- Manage release of products, documents, and components in Agile
PLM according to MPLC.
- Responsible for managing all design related activities with PD
and Core engineering groups to ensure following are defined
- Print dimensions / specification
- Bill Of Material (BOM),
- Product testing / validation
- Define new testing equipment needs
- Lead change management for project portfolio. Ensure change
control process is always followed.
- Review & approve validation / test plan to ensure products meet
design performance targets.
- Review & approve tests/FEA/Stack-up/etc. results & reports
- Lead Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (D-FMEA) process,
and ensure it's completed on time and to customer's satisfaction.
- Support new design development and packaging study with Product
Development Engineer, conduct design feasibility/manufacturability
investigation with the suppliers.
- Identify risks associated with the projects (design, quality,
timing, cost), report out findings, employ risk mitigation and risk
- Verify and maintain BOM for prototype builds. Manage prototype
RFQ process, and manage prototype builds to ensure on time delivery
- Create and manage project timing plans according MPLC.
- Cascade project timing down to Purchasing, STA, Suppliers,
Plants, Process Engineering, and other teams to ensure project
teams work in synchronization and activities are completed on
- Support Account and Sales Managers to ensure correct and on
time RFQ response to customer.
- Identify technical issues and resolve them utilizing 5D, 8D,
DMAIC, DFSS, Lean 6-sigma problem solving methodologies.
- Act as the interface for customers and suppliers when it's
- Travel to customer engineering locations, customer plants , tkS
plants and suppliers in the U.S., Mexico and Europe to support
project activities when needed.The position may require up to 25%
domestic and international travel at project peak times in a
year.Your profileTo perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in
Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field.
Advanced Engineering Degree or MBA is a plus.
- Over 3 years of experience in the automotive industry or
- Experience required in: Project scheduling, CAD
design/development, GD&T, FEA, FMEA, engineering problem
solving methods (5D, 8D, DMAIC, DFSS, Lean 6-sigma), APQP,
- Experience in the following is a plus: Engineering statistics
&, DOE, Design for manufacturability, and AIAG automotive
standards, customer systems (WERS, Team Center, Cement, GPIRS, VPP,
etc..)Computer and Technology Skills:
- Expertise required: Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word,
MS Projects, Team Center VisMockup or similar CAD software.
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: IBM Lotus Notes ,
Q-Das Statistical, Minitab or similar analytical software.Your
Benefits With Us
- medical, dental, vision plans
- 401k with 5% match
- 15 days of PTO per year(prorated depending on start date)
- 9 paid holiday days
Keywords: ThyssenKrupp, Fishers , Project Leader, Other , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!