Company: Westfield Steel
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Job DescriptionPosition OverviewThe purpose of this position is
to pull materials in and/or outside the warehouse.Essential Job
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to supply products and services that meet or exceed the
customers' expectations. Follows the documented quality systems and
processes that are continually being improved to satisfy our
- Reads work orders, shipping order, or follows verbal
- Transports materials from storage or worksites to designated
areas using an overhead crane, forklift, hand truck, electric
dolly, or other device.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load
destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane
or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks
information bundles and skids of materials.
- May train new hires in the proper policies and procedures in
relation to the position.
- Maintains and compiles records as required and records heat
numbers on the pull reports.
- May assist Production Manager or other Supervisors in other
duties and special projects as needed.Critical Skills, Knowledge,
- Production and Processing: Knowledge of raw materials,
production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of
- Mechanical: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their
designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings: Monitoring and
reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment,
to detect or assess problems.
- Controlling Machines and Processes: Using either control
mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or
- Handling and Moving Objects: Using hands and arms in handling,
installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events: Identifying
information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or
similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates:
Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates
by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Documenting/Recording Information: Entering, transcribing,
recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or
- Safety and Security; Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies,
procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety for the
protection of people and property.
- Transportation: Knowledge of principles and methods for moving
people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative
costs and benefits.
- Performing General Physical Activities: Performing physical
activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and
moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing,
walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Tools: Personal protection equipment (hardhats, safety glasses,
steel toe shoes, etc.), overhead crane, and forklift.
- Technology: ERP software, inventory management software, and
Microsoft Office software.Qualifications
- This particular position requires the individual to have a high
school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 0-2 years of
related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.Preferences
- Prior overhead crane and forklift experience.
- Prior flatbed truck loading experience.Supervisory
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Working
Environment and Conditions
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to reach with hands and arms, and be able to communicate
verbally and in writing and take direction. The employee is
frequently required to be in a stationary position, move about the
buildings, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The individual will
be performing physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms and legs and movement of the whole body involving things
such as lifting, balancing, moving, stooping, and handling of
materials. The individual will frequently operate heavy machinery,
office equipment, and use eye-hand coordination. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and use eye-hand
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme
heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Working overtime may be required to complete the loading duties
required that night.NOTE: The duties and responsibilities listed
above are intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this position. It is not
constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and
requirements. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties
as assigned. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.by Jobble
Keywords: Westfield Steel, Fishers , Puller/ Loader, Other , Westfield, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!