Payroll Accounting Specialist
Company: Tipmont Wintek
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Are you our next payroll accounting specialist?Do you love
numbers more than the average person? Are you fascinated by solving
problems and exploring technology? Do you pride yourself on
dependability and discretion? Would you like to play a pivotal role
at a premier company that provides essential services in north
central Indiana?If you can picture yourself thriving as the payroll
point person for a growing organization - and working alongside an
amazing team of colleagues - Tipmont Wintek may be your next
employer!Duties that intrigue you include:
- Collecting and processing payroll data to maintain accurate
- Ensuring payroll-related transactions are processed in
- Auditing payroll information for accuracy and reconciling
- Reconciling payroll deposits, tax withholdings, wage
garnishments, and voluntary deductions.
- Tracking and determining regular and overtime pay, and
factoring commission-based income or bonuses into employee
- Calculating and processing federal and state taxes and social
security withholdings, union dues, insurance, benefits,
pension/retirement, 401(k) contributions and company match, and
- Processing payroll adjustments for vacation, sick time, and
other time off.
- Generating accrual entries as required.
- Fielding and responding to payroll inquiries and resolving
discrepancies as required.
- Implementing employee status changes
- Analyzing payroll and employee expenses,
- Reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Creating ongoing month-end, quarterly, and year-end
- Participating in problem-solving projects in the payroll
department as applicable.
- Monitoring time-worked inputs for calculating, coding, or other
- Monitoring computer reports alerting HR to problems or
- Maintaining current knowledge of rules and laws governing
- Assisting with onboarding of new employees.The ideal candidate
will feel comfortable sharing ideas to improve processes as
applicable and appropriate. They will also diversify their
experience by serving as a backup for activities related to Tipmont
Wintek benefits.You'll join a company where all employees live by
corporate values of innovation, public-service heart, passion,
respect, and making an impact. We do more than just speak to those
values. We live them out every day - and so will you! We offer an
excellent benefits package, which includes medical, dental and life
insurance; 401(k) matching and a pension retirement plan; education
reimbursement; and many opportunities for professional
growth.Required Skills / Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five years of applicable payroll experience.
- Computer skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to proactively identify and implement improvements to
processes / tools.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.Preferred
Skills / Experience
- American Payroll Association FPC or CPP certification.
- Associate degree.Tipmont Wintek is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. If you have a question about the position,
please email . Phone calls will not be accepted.PI215800744
Keywords: Tipmont Wintek, Fishers , Payroll Accounting Specialist, Other , Linden, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...