Phlebotomist- Float - 5607
Posted on: May 14, 2019
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm JOB SUMMARY: The
Phlebotomist-Float, under the direction of the area supervisor,
performs daily phlebotomy activities of the Patient Service Center
(PSC) or In-office Phlebotomy (IOP) accurately and on time.
Phlebotomist Floater works assisting with coverage of client
locations as needed. Travel is required. The person in this
position interacts with the client, patients, and other PathGroup
personnel in a professional and courteous manner and performs with
confidence, both the forensic and clinical specimen collection and
processing duties following established practices and procedures.
- Ready to travel to a client assignment with a moment's
- Greet customers appropriately. Treat all customers in a
- Ensures all field phlebotomy and PSC specimens are collected
accurately and on time.
- Collects specimens according to established procedures.
Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of
the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection
(ex. urine or fecal) as required. Reduces patient anxiety by
providing a calm environment for patients before, during and after
the collection process.
- Disposes of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in
accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies. Disposes
of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws,
standards, and policies.
- Completes requisitions accurately.
- Enters patient, specimen, insurance, or billing information
into computer. Requires attention to detail to maintain high level
of accuracy. Communicate with clients to confirm handwritten
orders, verify test(s) ordered, obtain accurate billing
information, i.e. diagnosis codes, UPIN information, etc.
- Researches test/client information utilizing lab computer
- Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label,
centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test
- Package specimens for transport. Stores specimen sample
according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate
collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different
procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for
transport to maintain integrity of the specimen. Demonstrates
proficiency of proper collection methods and proper processing of
- Maintains required records and documentation.
- Maintains daily records and all appropriate PSC/IOP Phlebotomy
- Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data.
- Performs basic clerical duties, i.e. filing, faxing, and
preparing mail. The person in this position is required to perform
electronic data entry.
- Approves time in in attendance software by noon on the Monday
following the end of the pay period. Submits accurate expense and
travel logs Monday for the week prior or as directed by
- Demonstrates organizational commitment.
- Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress
code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all
- Utilizes time appropriately. Capable of maintaining fluctuating
- Displays courteous and professional behavior to clients,
patients, and co-workers. Communicates with co-workers and clients
in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working
- Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by
incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful
- Performs duties in independent manner.
- Communicates pertinent information/issues to supervisor,
manager or group leader for resolution.
- Contributes to a positive work climate and to the team effort
of the department and company.
- Ensures facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, takes
appropriate action to advise Group Leader or Supervisor of required
repairs and maintenance.
- Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and
problems to group leader or supervisor as they occur. EDUCATION &
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Medical training as medical assistant or paramedic
- Phlebotomy Certification is required.REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have access to reliable transportation and communication.
Proof of auto insurance required.
- Overnight stays may be required.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior job related experience
Keywords: PathGroup, Fishers , Phlebotomist- Float - 5607, Other , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!