Construction Manager Trainee
Company: ElectriCom Inc
Location: West Lafayette
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Location: West Lafayette, INSalary Interval: Salary
ElectriCom, a Utility Construction company, was founded in 1960 in
Paoli, Indiana. ElectriCom has experienced continuous growth since
its inception. The company takes pride in focusing on family values
both in the workplace and with its customer base. ElectriCom seeks
employees with the ability and desire to work for a progressive
company. ElectriCom offers a competitive package for both wages and
benefits. Employees who show quality performance will have the
opportunity for advancement and further development of skills.
This trainee position is a one-year program that contains hands on
training to learn construction techniques and processes.At the end
of the one-year program, the trainee would be moved into a
permanent Construction Manager position.
This position requires skills in both project and people management
and a strong interest in joining a successful and growing company.
This role provides project oversight for aerial and underground
telecommunication construction projects within an assigned area.
This position will work to ensure each project is constructed in
accordance with design, budget and schedule throughout the project
- Single point of contact to manage the deployment, execution and
closeout of a variety of fiber optic projects to include fiber to
the cell-site (FTTCS), fiber to the building (FTTB), fiber to the
home (FTTH), backhaul, backbone, and metro fiber ring build-outs in
rural, residential, and metropolitan areas.
- Lead construction team(s) within residential, rural, and
metropolitan areas including in-house crews and
- Manage project budget, scope definition, and project lifecycle
with profit and loss responsibilities under Directors
- Manage and track project milestones and timelines. Track,
review, and approve in-house and sub-contractor daily production
reports, create and manage progressive project documentation.
- Ensure safety and quality policies and expectations are
- Managing relationship to coordinate with customers, city
officials, jurisdictional authorities, and utility
- Perform on-site surveys and coordinate field meetings to ensure
projects meet the delivery/commitment dates identified.
- Maintain accurate as-builds to ensure all changes in the field
- Maintain inventory controls to ensure minimum levels are
- Ability to engage with the customer/client and establish a
- Ability to listen to customer's needs and propose solutions to
help resolve their issues.
- Be able to communicate internally and externally the technical
aspects of the project in a clear and concise way.
- Experience preferred with OSP management, including quoting,
construction and delivery.
- Working knowledge of outside plant fiber optic network
infrastructure, engineering design and construction.
- Proficiency withGoogle Earth andMicrosoft Excel, Word, and
- Valid Driver's License as regional travel may be
- Motivated to learn, there will be travel and job site
management with outside work environment.Equal Opportunity
ElectriCom is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed,
color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry,
nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status,
genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law
(except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational
Keywords: ElectriCom Inc, Fishers , Construction Manager Trainee, Professions , West Lafayette, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!