Forklift Operator (All Shifts)
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job Description SummaryJob DescriptionThe Material Handling
Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe, accurate loading
and unloading of product within the distribution center.- The
following duties and responsibilities are intended to be
representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this
position and are not all-inclusive.- The omission of a specific
duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the
position.Duties and Responsibilities
- Inbound/Outbound shipments are to be loaded/unloaded utilizing
the WMS. Any discrepancy between the inventory count and
shipping/receiving documents are researched by inventory control to
ensure inventory reconciliation.- Applicable OS&D processes are
- Ensure every effort is made to load/off-load pallets in a
manner that promotes safety and impedes damages.
- Completes all assigned duties in a timely manner in accordance
with department standards and following department
- Locates and retrieves products as well as replenishes picking
- Maintains an acceptable work area as outlined in SOP and work
- Responsible for following Good Documentation Practices (GDP) as
outlined in SOP.
- Must follow all safety instructions to maintain safe working
conditions and to adhere to proper operating practices and
procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.-
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to train new hires on various warehouse
- Must adhere to attendance policies.
- Required to maintain current status in C2C training
modules.------Material Handling Equipment
- Material handling equipment must be operated in a safe manner
by designated associates only.- All damage and/or maintenance
issues must be reported immediately.-
- Equipment must be kept neat and orderly in compliance with
established procedures.-Safety and Security
- Associates are responsible for performing their job activities
in a safe and reasonable manner and in accordance with safety
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse and conduct
all activities in a manner that promotes a safe environment.-
- All injuries, accidents, unsafe acts, hazards or conditions
must be reported immediately.-
- Report any suspicious persons or activity.Quality
- Understand organizational quality goals.Sanitation and
- Maintain a clean and professional image.-
- To ensure the cleanliness of the facility, follow guidelines as
- The associate must maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
at all times.Hazmat Training
- This associate may be provided with Hazmat training to include
general awareness, function specific, security awareness, security
plan and safety training.Cross-training
- Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other
warehouse positions. Assist as required.- Act as back up at times
of absence or vacation.-Job Requirements
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience operating forklift required.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment.
- Ability to read and interpret distribution documents.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- May be required to operate MHE and use Voice/RF scanner.
- Ability to perform/operate in a metrics-driven
- Basic analytical, organizational and prioritization
- General distribution knowledge.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to
- The position will almost always have exposure to work near
moving mechanical equipment, exposure to precarious situations and
potential temperature excursions.-
- Occasionally the position will have exposure to fumes/airborne
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the
position, with or without accommodation.
- Accommodations may be made for individuals with
disabilities.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions (Per the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990).- While performing this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, standing,
stooping, kneeling, balancing, crouching, reaching,
pushing/pulling, grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use
of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include
repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers.- The associate
may occasionally be required to climb. The job may require lifting
over 50lbs in some areas but not all. Employee must have normal
field of vision corrected to 20/40 in each eye and must have
hearing sufficient to safely operate a forklift in a
manufacturing/warehouse environment. This position requires a
pre-employment physical exam.-Becton, Dickinson and Company is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status.-Primary Work
LocationUSA IN - PlainfieldAdditional LocationsWork Shift
Keywords: BD, Fishers , Forklift Operator (All Shifts), Professions , Lebanon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!