Feed Mill Driver
Company: Clemens Food Group, LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Clemens Food Group is the industry leader in customer solutions.
Originally founded in 1895, the Company has a long rich heritage,
deeply rooted in values. Clemens Food Group is a vertically
coordinated company that includes hog farming, food production,
logistical services, and transportation. To this day, it remains
steadfastly dedicated to continuing previous generations'
commitment by operating as good stewards of the community and the
environment, offering quality innovative products and services, and
working with our business partners, customers, employees, and
family members with the highest degree of integrity and ethics. The
primary purpose of a Feed Mill Driver is delivery of swine feed to
designated company farms. They are responsible for the accurate and
timely delivery of swine feed to designated company farms. They are
also responsible for following all commercial driver regulations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all duties in a safe manner consistent with PVT's
policies, procedures and safety training.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Pre-trips the truck and checks the load before leaving.
- Help ensure assigned truck and trailer are in proper working
order and report any malfunctions or problems to supervisor
- Responsible for identifying and reporting safety hazards with
- Responsible for all local, state and federal regulations
pertaining to commercial drivers.
- Perform all job functions consistent with GMP's, SOP's and the
Quality Assurance Manual
- Responsible for promoting safe work practices through example
and maintaining a lost work day incident rate equal to zero.
- Must attend all scheduled safety meetings and other training
- Must have complete control of equipment and feed at all
- Deliver feed to designated farm(s) in an accurate and timely
- Must drive safely and treat customers with courtesy.
- Load and unload truck with hog feed.
- Fills out the proper paperwork.
- Maintains a good safety record.
- Must communicate with the dispatch office as needed or
- Must maintain proper communication with the Farmer(s) to ensure
no problems are encountered with pick-up.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to weather and traffic conditions and is
occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Must meet all Federal and State DOT requirements. Transport
Quality Assurance certified animal welfare training (administered
- Must have a CDL Class A with air brake endorsement.
- At least 23 years old and must have at least 1 year experience
driving a tractor-trailer.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Able to climb steps and trailers frequently.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally move more than 100 pounds.
- Able to work in/around manure.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours which may include
overnight hours. Weekend and holiday work required when plant is in
- Work schedule and work days vary based on plant production and
DOT hours of service regulations
Keywords: Clemens Food Group, LLC, Fishers , Feed Mill Driver, Professions , Hagerstown, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!