Company: Marten Transport
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Serve as driver's supervisor/representative in Operations. Manage
drivers performance in identified categories and be primary
communication link to drivers. Work to achieve optimum driver and
1. Sole communications link to driver, including, but not limited
to, load information, advances, purchase orders, maintenance
coordination, performance counseling and dissemination of general
company news and information.
2. Responsible for assigned full fleet of tractors and drivers,
including, but not limited to effective management for optimum
performance in the following categories:
- On-time pickup and delivery performance
- Pallet management
- Out of route miles
- Hours of service compliance
- Driver availability
- Accommodation of special routing needs
- Cost control3. Insure that each driver has an adequate
understanding of all details of customer and company expectations
load at the point of dispatch.
4. Daily accounting of all assigned trucks and drivers.
5. Other duties as assigned by authorized
Daily interaction with drivers, other operations staff and
management via qualcomm, telephone and in person.ABILITIES/SKILLS
Strong oral and written communication skills, strong organizational
ability, detail oriented, ability to remain calm under pressure,
handle multiple and varied tasks, basic typing.PHYSICAL
Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable
manual dexterity.EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
College degree in business or five years experience in fleet
Keywords: Marten Transport, Fishers , Fleet Manager, Professions , Zionsville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!