Company: Tipmont Wintek
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Journeyman Lineman The purpose of the Journeyman Lineman is to
supply present and future electrical service needs of Tipmont REMC
members in an efficient , economical manner. The challenging nature
of the job calls for toughness and grit. The reward is not only
being part of a team responsible for providing power to homes. It
is being a crucial first responder during natural or manmade
disasters - one who provides and restores comfort and safety as
well as electric service. Key Responsibilities Operations
- Instruct Apprentice Linemen during various phases of their
- Familiarity with cooperative procedures and responsibility for
correct, timely and complete handling of all records and
- Maintain necessary skills and knowledge to remain a competent
- The Journeyman Lineman:
- Is first responsible to the Line Superintendent and, if
assigned to a crew, under the supervision of the Line Foreman to
which he is assigned; a Journeyman Lineman may, in turn, be
delegated responsibility for supervising the work of others.
- Shall have full authority to perform duties and
responsibilities of the position in conformity with established
policies and procedures.
- Is accountable to their supervisor and the management of the
cooperative for efficient performance of these responsibilities;
although responsibilities may be delegated or assigned to another
person, the accountability cannot be.
- Is encouraged to use initiative and judgment in making
decisions and remembering that their actions can affect the
cooperative's best interests.
- Should feel free to suggest improvements for operations and
- Shall secure approval from the Operations Manager, Line
Superintendent or Line Foreman in making decisions when policies
are unclear, inadequate or require interpretation. Construction and
- Plan daily work activities by reviewing staking sheet s , work
order s, maps and other related paperwork on each job in
preparation for planning timely completion of assigned work.
- Hold necessary knowledge to perform all phases of line work,
including construction, operation and maintenance of the
cooperative's electrical distribution and transmission
- Perform any of the duties involved in their previous positions.
- The Journeyman Lineman will be on the standby rotation list and
go out with anyone in the Line Department, such as another
Journeyman Lineman or Pre-Apprentice Lineman, Apprentice Lineman,
Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, or anyone assigned to
him by the Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor. Safety and
- Provide thorough job - briefing tailgate conferences prior to
starting projects to ensure the completion of work in a safe,
efficient, and timely manner.
- Work in compliance with established Rural Utilities Service (
RUS ) guidelines, federal regulations, National Electric Safety
Code (NESC) requirements , state code regulations, and c ooperative
designing and staking specifications regarding standards, code
safety rules , and general operating procedures.
- Set an example of safe practices for others through their own
work practices. Requirements
- Must be a certified journeyman Lineman.
- A bility to use or learn to use a personal computer for various
applications , including Word, Excel and database programs.
- Ability to perform all types of work without supervision.
- Ability to use all types of office equipment (e.g., copier, fax
- A bility to operate an automobile.
- A bility to operate a two-way radio.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language above the
level of the average adult.
- Ability to listen carefully to members and co- workers.
- Must have a valid driver's license and valid Class A CDL .
Keywords: Tipmont Wintek, Fishers , Journeyman Lineman, Professions , Linden, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!