Company: Newell Brands
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Position Title: Material Handler
Reports to: Materials Supervsior
Location: Fishers, IN
Responsible for pulling, picking, staging, sorting and loading of
customer orders as well as unloading and receiving inbound loads
and transporting product throughout the warehouse.
* Picks, stages and loads customer orders.
* Ensures an accurate inventory is maintained by conducting product
* Maintains a clean and safe working environment by following all
safety procedures and performing assigned housekeeping
* Responsible for maintaining housekeeping standards and insuring
overall facility cleanliness.
* Must be able to operate material handling equipment in a safe
manner. Must be able to identify and report safety hazards as well
as have the ability to encourage others to work safely.
* Must be able to understand how to properly use a WMS system and
be disciplined enough to always use the standard operating
procedures regarding its use.
* Must understand the concept of teamwork and practice it each and
every day by working cooperatively and productively with others in
order to complete tasks.
* Must be an active participant in process improvement projects and
have the ability to take the lead in forwarding new ideas or work
* Must be able to follow Department of Transportation guidelines
with regard to shipping and storage or Hazmat materials.
* Responsible for personal safety, work quality, work area
efficiency and cleanliness.
* Must participate in General Awareness Training.
* Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of
himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a
significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or
reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
* Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as
contained herein between the assigned start and end times for
* Performs such individual assignments as management may
High School Diploma or GED
* 2 (two) to 4 (four) years' experience in a warehouse
* Must be able to follow instructions closely and ensure special
customer requirements are met.
* Good team working skills.
* Current forklift certification.
* Previous WMS experience.
* Must have good communication skills - both written and
* Must apply attention to detail in order to ensure work is
accurate and the customer receives the highest quality of service
* Must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to change or
adapt work practices based on changing work demands.
* Must be able to work overtime before shift, after shift, and on
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
* Standing and walking approximately 90 (ninety) percent of work
* Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short
* Willingness to work all/any shifts.
* Typical plant/manufacturing environment with concrete floors and
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods
company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including
Rubbermaid, Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmer's,
Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid
Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Contigo,
First Alert, Mapa, Spontex and Yankee Candle. Newell Brands is
building beloved #1 and #2 brands that brighten homes and lives
every day and create moments of joy, build confidence and provide
peace of mind. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal
Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Newell Brands, Fishers , Material Handler, Professions , Fishers, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!